How many run dash cameras?

I really don't know much about them but I'm using the Rove R2-4k. It's not something I fiddle with. It's there and recording what's happening in the front of the vehicle.

It powers on and starts recording when I start the car and stops when I shut it off. There are other operating modes that allow you to set it up to turn on if it detects a large bump while its parked.

Wife got me one this fall as the idgits on the road stoned and stupid increase daily. Think it's a garmin made thing. Has mostly recorded snow as it's not in the best position for winter driving. Thinking of one that can do aft picture as well.

I just got one of these for my new F-250. I was told it's the latest and greatest. So I had one installed. I haven't fiddled with it much yet, but I'm impressed. It has both front and rear cameras. It also has a motion sensor that turns it on even when the vehicle is parked.

I've had them in my daily driver and our Bus for 10+ years, never have legally needed them, but they are a cheap insurance policy in case things go wrong...............

btw, since most of them loop record, you can always provide just the loop of evidence you want to ..........

Last edited: