How many of you try to help out friends, relatives find ammo?

What are people going to do with all this ammo?

Presuming that there will be no weaponized conflict in the US, the second hand sales market later could become a bargain?

For the OP, never stop giving even if you have to change who you give to!

None of our peeps do much hunting or shooting so I try to help folks out here as they have helped me out. They have been very appreciative and were more in interested in helping vs making money, in all cases. I do have one friend that inherited a beautiful 44sp revolver and I now reload for him, given ammo prices on that caliber.

I have helped a few folks, and they have helped me. Mostly trading, but I have purchased a few items for friends and myself over the past few months. I try to stick to items that would work for my own purposes as well in case someone leaves it with me and decides they don't want it. That hasn't been a problem yet. Also, someone noted reloading parts and shell holders. I had to order a couple items recently, check ebay. There are a few small shops that have things at normal (or very close to normal) prices. I needed a shell holder, found online retailer for $50! Found it on Ebay for $14 shipped, brand new. Had a similar occurrence with replacement locking rings for dies, ebay had them at good price as well.

if i find ammo i'll let people know, but i really havent been looking since the prices are so high right now. i have my own stash of various calibers, but i'm not shooting much right now. i was buying ammo back when it was reasonable so i didnt have to shell out $40 for a box of 9mm.

i gave my neighbor across the street a box of 9mm when the virus lockdown went down in march 2020. only because he asked and because he's my neighbor, he could help me out of a jam if it came down to it.

i also gave my dad a spare AR when all the george floyd protests started happening as he has no guns and he asked me for one. you could still find ammo online at the time, but it was pricey. so i sent him links for pmags and ammo and let him buy it.

i take anyone that wants to practice out to the 100 yard range on my property, but other than that i dont really help anyone find stuff unless they ask.

sorry about your jacka$$ brother in law OP, but like they say, no good deed goes unpunished. i'd never drop close to $200 on ammo for someone unless i was sure they wanted it. you must be alot nicer than me lol

Wow this thread really took off. It's all good, I resold the ammo. He managed to find a couple boxes somewhere at 20 bucks each and I guess that's enough. Wouldn't barely be sighted in good for me lol. The other day I guess they bought their daughter a 270 also so I suggested he look for some of the light loadings by Hornady. I have some brass stored away if they decide they need some loaded they can come over and we'll work up a load I guess.

I decided that, being the nice guy I am, I would load some 9 mm for my daughter. I'm not a 9mm guy, if you break into my house you have to face a .45 if your that stupid there will be no law suits.

She paid for components ( I supplied primers and powder but you probably get 1500 rounds from a pound of powder) and I loaded her up some ammo. Took me a week to round up dies, shellholder, and bullets.

My other daughter has a boyfriend that shoots, he hasn't asked for help yet but I do take him shooting with my guns and ammo.

Been helping out people in my area, some are friends and bothers not really friends, but people I know. Have not taken one cent for miscellaneous amount of bullets, brass ammo powder & prmers. I just tell everyone to just "PAY it FORWARD". Trying to kep the youths in the area shooting. Gave one father over 1,000 22s and 17HMRs. Never heard from him since. You just jhave to remember that some people in this world are givers and some are takers. But it is always good to HELP someone out!!

I have been telling all my friends for literally DECADES stock pile stock pile and stock pile some more of bullets, primers, powder 22lr ammo especially mags and even loaded ammo when price is good enough
Astonishingly none of them listed on any of it.
Just loaned my friend some of my beloved Winchester Long Beard XR Turkey shells so he and his son can go Turkey hunting together next week
They were literally down to 7 shells and hadn't patterned their guns yet.

I just gave my niece's husband one pound each of H1000, H4831SC and RL26 and a box of 178 grain absolute hammers so he could work up a load in his new custom 300WM for an upcoming hunt. I was glad I could help him out if a jam. Pay it forward and things have a way of coming back around.

I have very few 'local' buddies that hunt/shoot/reload, etc. So, I have begun watching the classified 'want ads' here the last few months and when components pop up in my LGS's I'll buy stuff (mainly bullets in calibers that I don't even own) and re-sell it right here and ship in a USPS flat-rate box. Oh, and I don't make one single penny on those deals. Just trying to help out the great members here as several have done for me. "Pay It Forward"! 👍