How many clicks

I usually keep my turret set where I can hit pretty close to poa (kill zone) at reasonable range, until I get to where I am going to glass. I would think if you are taking a sighter shot at game at 500 yds you would have time to set up correctly. Maybe I've been going about this all wrong.

Rick

I have used MOA, calibrated reticles, and yardage turrets, all with success. I personally find that reticles work best out to 500 yards, turrets to 1000, and MOA for beyond. 500 yards and under you can get very close with all techniques if your inputs, particularly zero, and velocity/BC is accurate, and the scope is close on its click calibration. Beyond that I have found that verifying drop data to within at least 80% of your max shooting range should be performed, and calculated. I really like my NF G7 scope. It has a calibrated yardage turret with a MOA scale at the bottom of the turret, as well as a Reticle to 600 yards with a MOA windage scale. All of the info for each has been tested and validated. With all this, I have found that use of the yardage turret at ranges out to 1000 yards gives me the best balance of speed and accuracy for hunting, even if temperature or elevation difference are encountered. Out to 1000 yards a couple of adjustment clicks for condition changes can put you on target once the effects are understood. IMHO.

i have the exact set up as greyfox on my 338 lapua and i concur that my g7 scope works the same way as he describes to a t..

Usually for it to be accurate they need to have the bullet weight,BC,heigth of scope to barrel, MV, zero distance. And honestly you should field verify a couple shots with you factory turret and give them the moa reading.

If he is just starting out they will let him know. Most swaro scopes with a turret will not shoot passed 700 yards and if he is only shooting to that they will make it close on elevation and speed for the gun. I know its not perfect but that is why they normally will not go passed 700.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.