How long of a barrel?

I went with a 20" complete upper from BCA side charge and its shooting really well so far, also purpose built for coyotes.

I think no differently about coyote hunting as I do my big game hunting. I apply my long range hunting principle to both. The closer I can get, the better….But if the circumstances(terrain,wind, temperament of the quarry, etc) dictate a longer shot is necessary, and conditions are right, a clean kill at distance is very exhilarating for me. My equipment is chosen with this in mind. Just me, but it surely keeps the blood flowing,…Even after five+ decades of hunting.

I bought an 18" heavy barrel. I feel it's plenty for calling and what I need.
I bet the balance of an 18" heavy is pretty good. I like a 16" bull quite often it usually balances just in front of the mag well actually on the hand guard many AR-15 guns actually balance farther back in the action someplace and are a pain in the rear to simple carry without a sling. Something that is not often talked about or thought about is how these things actually feel to carry. Also my favorite hand guard for cool weather hunting is a carbon fiber or next best is mil spec or Magpul plastic. Aluminum hand guards are great until it's cold out then they suck to touch literally pulling the heat out of your hands gloves or not.