How good are the Tikka rifles?

it was about 40 last time out to the range, but I have consistent results summer and winter. I could probably remedy it by letting it cool a while but I don't shoot for score so field accuracy is the most practical judge for me. I figure if it takes three shots to put down something I'm shooting at I probably won't be letting the barrel cool in between shots.

it was about 40 last time out to the range, but I have consistent results summer and winter. I could probably remedy it by letting it cool a while but I don't shoot for score so field accuracy is the most practical judge for me. I figure if it takes three shots to put down something I'm shooting at I probably won't be letting the barrel cool in between shots.

I am the same way, I do not let my barrel cool between shots on my hunting rifles when sighting them in.

Last edited:
I didnt read the whole thread.

But I shot one chambered in 7mm mag back on January 1rst, and it shot pretty well. I didnt shoot but 2 times but both shots were inside a quarter. I'de like to have had a little time with the rifle but it was a buddy of mine that just wanted me to shoot it and see how it shoots and check the zero of the scope... I think he is scared of the rifle. I'm not sure why b/c recoil was very manageable. But I liked the rifle overall.

I figure if it takes three shots to put down something.........your using the wrong gun or ammo!

Thats a fact, in fact one of the local gun store clerks was telling me how good his tikka is (he carries his target in his wallet) now that's love, any way I said ya i love mine but the third one always opens the group to .5" Well lets just say I was not getting any sympathy. The first one is the only one........ but since we are talking group size I had to throw it out there.

I figure if it takes three shots to put down something.........your using the wrong gun or ammo!

Maybe but, might be shot placement???

Maybe but, might be shot placement???

I stand corrected.

Regarding shot placement. Friday morning I took three roe deer with my 22-250 tikka. The shots were about 180m and 3 seconds apart. Ammo was psp Magtec 50gn. First two dropped on the spot with no movement. The third went 8m (from blood blast to body). Nos 1 & 2 were as aimed thru' the aorta, neither hit bone and left a neat 1cm exit hole. The third shot was misplaced back an inch or so (because I did not allow for the beast turning slightly) hit a bone on the way in and made a mess on the way out. What was left of the lungs were cooked. PLACEMENT IS ALL

A friend has 2 Tikka in 300wsm. I fired both Smooth actions and light crisp trigger. Was shooting dimes at 200. He has taken a mule deer at 1032 yards one shot. Dropped where he stood. Best bang for the buck (pun intended) I'm definitely looking for one.

Tikka has a nice smooth action and the trigger is very nice when adjusted. Inexpensive build action for sure. I trim a bit off the action face though

I have had a T3 Lite SS LH in 270 Win for 10 years. It is a wonderful shooting rifle.
The only thing I do not like is the price of spare magazines.

Tikka's are made by Sako on much the same gear so you know they are quality at a reasonable price.

Are they better than a Remington??
Yes & No, depends on the models in question.

Are they more accurate than Remington's??
Yes & No, depends how good a reloader you are.

I have both & have made both as accurate as each other.

Any rifle is a good rifle if it meets what your looking for for its purpose.
Its up to you to accurize it ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.