Are the older 110E's good rifles?

777funk

I looked at an old Savage 110E tonight in .270. Looked nice but nothing fancy. I have no idea how old it was but it had iron sights and a synthetic stock if that means anything. It had a really light trigger. I'm guessing 2-3lbs. I was shocked how light it was since it was pre-accutrigger.

Anyways, were these good rifles?

Other than the sights and trigger they're not much different from what you buy now.

I bought one several months ago and swapped the plain wood stock with plastic buttplate for a newer wood stock and added a Pachmayr Decelerator prefit pad. Removed the iron sights and filled the holes with screws, bedded it and it's ready to go.

I have one and it works great and very accurate the only issue is I would rather to have it with detachable magazine!! And I did the research to adapt to DMag it will cost me as 300 to 500$ !! Not sure if it worth it or just get a New one...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.