Ultralight stocks - How "good" are they.

Jerry D

Alright guys, I'm building myself a 7mm08 - slowly deciding on components.

I want to keep weight at 8.5-9lbs MAX scoped... and because of this... I am really looking at ultralight stock. 1.5lbs instead of 2 or 3...

I am wondering how rigid/good they are compared to their heavy weight counterparts...

The stock I have in mind is the MCS-ULT - how does it compare to its heavy brother the MSC-T?

Also would you say that the ultra light aftermarket stocks are still functionally superior to the cheap plastic on factory rifle? I'd assume BY A FAR MARGIN but I'm not sure.

Really what I want to know is how we'll they've worked for others. Can they handle the abuse? Recoil is only a 7mm08 so pretty light.

I had Kirby build me a 6.5-06 AI on a Manners Ultralight platform. The stock was pricey, but well worth it. It is rigid and has a solid feel, and yet very lightwieght. Like most things in life, I have never regretted buying quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.