How far is this setup lethal?

I try hard to limit my long distance shots on game by 2 factors: keep velocity over 2000fps, and energy above 1600ftlbs! This determines my max shooting distance! By these guidelines, I've only lost one animal ever, and that was because of a low shot!

I try hard to limit my long distance shots on game by 2 factors: keep velocity over 2000fps, and energy above 1600ftlbs! This determines my max shooting distance! By these guidelines, I've only lost one animal ever, and that was because of a low shot!

While I applaud anyone for their self imposed minimums, if everyone followed those or similar minimum standards, nearly all of us who also hunt with handguns would never be able to kill an animal. MANY of my varied handgun loads and calibers do NOT even start with those minimum vels and ft/lbs. Yet, they kill animals very well. Also, I have killed varied game with small caliber rifle loads that had nowhere near 1,600ft/lbs upon impact. (222, 223, 22-250, 243, 6mm, 30-30, etc), and not to mention the varied game killed with muzzle loaders and ball loads. Yet, they all worked.