Horus Vision, pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by lv2hunt, Oct 13, 2005.

1. lv2hunt

lv2hunt Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am having Shawn Carlock build me a new .338 EDGE and am trying to decide the correct scope for this rifle I will be shooting in various hunting conditions from close range up to 1,000 yds. I ran across Horus Vision the other day while searching and they sparked my interest, has anyone owned or used the Horus Vision System, it looks like a great reticle for short and long range use. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    lv2hunt

2. mike464

mike464 Active Member

I had an S&B 4-16 with the Horus H25 reticle on my 338 Lapua, I loved it. I looked through the Horus brand scopes and did not like them near as much as the S&B or USO. The reticle was very fast and not cluttered once you were used to it. Mike

3. Chrismadrid

Chrismadrid Well-Known Member

Have a HORUS (own brand Hakko mech) scope with the finelined and offset centre H2 reticle (now discontinued). A bit cluttered and tough to use at anyhing below 12mag ime. Still like the concept though - just wish I'd gone for a slightly less busy version of the reticle.

Like to see the H25 and H48 reticles close up.

4. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Chris-- the rapid reticle is the slightly less version IMO, right here-- www.rapidreticle.com -- BUT NO HIGH POWER SCOPES yet.