Hornadys new .257" VMAX

remingtonman_25_06

Hornadys new .257\" VMAX

Am I reading the new Midway right? Hornady will be offering a 110g vmax for .257" caliber. If so, that would be awesome. I would definately give them a shot in my winchester 25-06, since its now my dedicated coyote rifle. Has been out of service since November though, I tore the extractor off trying to extract a tight reload. Haven't had the money to get it fixed, so its been sitting.

How much is a new claw extractor??

Re: Hornadys new .257\" VMAX

That would be too good to be true so i'd say -no.
I looked through the may 2006 sale paper and website and didn't see anything about a 110gr v-max.

I'd like to see a 110-115gr a-max w/a bc of .500+ ..

I just got back from the range doing some 110gr accubond developement.Loaded 8 rounds from 50.5 to 54gr of imr 4350 and was only checking for pressure.
All 8 loads shots into 1.2" w/ the last three measuring .421.
The gun is rem 700 bdl.
The wind was swirling in three different directions at 12mph so i was pretty happy w/the results.
I guess i'll start over w/54gr and creep up in 2/10ths powder increments this time because from my research [nosler forum] i should be getting close.
Of coarse i've seen you over there but i have imr-4831&4350 on hand.
I want to give the 115gr bergers a whirl but nobody will have them until august.
No idea on you damaged extractor. Best of luck Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.