What is the longest shot you have made on a live target

450 yards with a Stevens bolt action and hand loads using a .243 Winchester and a Nikon scope! Last time I will try that! I have the mushroomed Nosler Ballistic tip mushroomed out in a bowl. Found the bullet just under the skin in the off side. Just not enough energy at that distance.

450 yards with a Stevens bolt action and hand loads using a .243 Winchester and a Nikon scope! Last time I will try that! I have the mushroomed Nosler Ballistic tip mushroomed out in a bowl. Found the bullet just under the skin in the off side. Just not enough energy at that distance.
Sounds to me like it performed well.

Prairie Dog at 900 yards. .243 win.
Whitetail die 432 yards. .300 Win Mag.
Starling 150 yards. .22 long rifle.
Starling 40 yards. .22 caliber pellet rifle.
Bullfrog 15 yards. Daisy BB gun.
👍🏻... love it... one question though... the 15 yards on a Bullfrog with a Daisy BB gun... was that a head shot? 😂🤣

I did not make the shot ; but loaned a rifle to a rancher who was having trouble with coyotes in his calving pen. Took him to the range , put Shooter on his phone ,loaned him a range finder and a .260 Remington shooting Sierra 120 gr. mbt. So far he has fired 2 shots one at 600+ and the long one at 1100 yards. Now I know this would not have been impressive if I had loaned him a 6.5 CM but for a lowly .260 that is pretty good shooting.He said he thought he had missed but after a few seconds he was able to see the impact.And yes he called me and bought the rifle.

300 yards with a brand new Remington 700 .308. I bought their new, back then, "triangle barreled" thing they called the VTR. It had pretty decent first and second round accuracy but once the barrel heated it up it would start to wander. I was a nervous wreck. Having come from bow hunting in the woods of NW Louisiana to hunting with a Sendero in south Texas, 300 yards seemed like a long way to shoot.

Last edited:

Recent Posts