Hoping to get my first build underway before too long

Thanks for all the info, I will look into these powders for sure. I am sitting on about 1K 162 A-MAXs, so I will start there for sure. I know eddybo was big on VV N560, and used it exclusively in his .280 AIs. Looking at his targets, it worked for him for sure. Paired up with 162 A-MAXs, he said around 61 ish grains seemed to be the number in all of the 280 AIs he built. I just wish N560 was available anywhere.

If you have 1000 162Amax's on your reloading bench, guard them well! That is a rare bullet these days!

I've been wheeling and dealing for about the last 4 years, amassing all the parts for this build, and I'm hoping I can get it finished maybe by the end of summer or early fall. It will be a 280 AI throated for shooting 162 A-MAXs. Its amazing how much I saved by wheeling and dealing and picking up a piece here and there. Everything is new except for the 700 Action (its a 6 digit serial# action)

Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50 (after more wheeling and dealing)
.......................................................................................$0.00

Forget suggestions, I just want to know how you wheeled and dealed a free Mark 4!! I'll give you $100 to do that for me :D LOL

Forget suggestions, I just want to know how you wheeled and dealed a free Mark 4!! I'll give you $100 to do that for me :D LOL

Well this is how it went down. I bought a slightly used 700 XCRII with a new Swaro Z3 4-12x50 BT, and a new Jewell trigger for $700 (yeah I stole it, but I asked him twice if he was sure of the price). Sent the 700 back to Rem for a finish problem, and they sent me a brand new XCRII back along with the Jewell. So I sold the Swaro and the XCRII, put my original $700 back in my acct, and bought the Mark 4, and have a Jewell to go along with it as well.

Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever get lucky enough to come across a deal that good again. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.