hogue stocks

Robster80

anyone use a Hogue stock? im wanting to replace my black synthetic stock on my 270 remington 700 with maybe the ghillie green Hogue stock. but ive also considered one from stockys stocks-the heritage classic sporter stock. just trying to get some ideas and feedback from anyone who has replaced their stock. i definitely want something that looks good and rugged and is durable and has a good hands feel. i really like the ghillie green Hogue

If you like it, go for it. Most opt for something stiffer to avoid barrel contact by the stock when on bags or a bipod. Hogues tend to flex pretty good.

i just mostly hunt whitetail in MS...i have only seen photos of the Hogue ive never felt one or seen one up close. maybe it isnt for me but perhaps the stockys one would be a better choice

I have a black Hogue stock with the aluminum beading block in it on my custom Rem. 700 Shilen barreled 264 Win Mag and I really like it. The rubber gives you a grip when wet and cold and it feels warmer than wood or the composite stocks in the cold. Rifle shoots bug holes in it so it must be a good stock. :D

I have a black Hogue stock with the aluminum beading block in it on my custom Rem. 700 Shilen barreled 264 Win Mag and I really like it. The rubber gives you a grip when wet and cold and it feels warmer than wood or the composite stocks in the cold. Rifle shoots bug holes in it so it must be a good stock. :D
Ditto

I have them on two rifles. Not really long range equipment, but in the woods of the south and east coast where I'm at they are the best for the money as far as I've seen.If you are replacing a Rem SPS stock you will be happy.

yea im replacing the regular black synthetic stock. tryin to decide if i want wood or something like the hogue

I have a Hogue on my Model 70 in 270 Weatherby and it is great. It the pillar bedded version. I have thought about getting one with the full aluminum block bedding to put on my 7mm STW,

I have no experience with the pillar bed one but I assumed that the full bed one is stiffer and thus more conducive to accuracy. My rifle sure shoots great in the full bed Hogue.

I actually just purchased the ghillie green Hogue, full bedded block. It looks great and feels amazing. I have yet to slap it on my Rem 700 7mag. Everyone says that they are flexible but with aluminum running all the way through it, it feels stiff as a board as me....I don't think I will regret getting it....

I actually just purchased the ghillie green Hogue, full bedded block. It looks great and feels amazing. I have yet to slap it on my Rem 700 7mag. Everyone says that they are flexible but with aluminum running all the way through it, it feels stiff as a board as me....I don't think I will regret getting it....

Some of them don't have the aluminum bed block... Which is why some people don't like them. For example, the Hogue I had on my 10/22 didn't. Some of the Hogues I have messed with on some of the 700 SA rifles have been flexible. I have not tested one on a LA 700, that was ordered aftermarket.

I might have to look into them for my build I'm gathering parts for. If not, I will be using an old used CDL stock I can get for $50 at a local store. I plan on modifying it for my barrel contour to be fully floated, bed the action and recoil lug. And install aluminum pillars in it. I should have about $75-100 total in the stock. :D

I had long and a short action Hogues for 700s. They both had the full length block. The only complaint that I had is they are heavy. I have a B and C and a HS Presicion on those rifles now. I really like both of them, I like the HS a little better. Contact Red HawkRifles , they have the best price on B and C stocks and are great to deal with.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.