Hogue stock torque specs???

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Deederswy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Deederswy

Deederswy Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I just recently purchased a Hogue stock for my Remington 700 7mm mag. It does have a full length aluminum bedding block. After reading the install instructions it doesn’t give torque specs. Does anyone know what the bolts will have to be torqued down to? I was watching some videos and some guy installed a Hogue stock and a H&S stock and he was torqing them down to 65 inch pounds. Can anyone confirm if that’s correct?

2. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

From everything I've gathered, with the aluminum bed block stocks, they say 65 inch-pounds of torque for those action screws. So I would say that the guy in the video was right on. 65 inch-pounds is pretty hefty. I'd walk my way up torquing them. I'd start @ 35, then 45, 55, & finally 65. That's just my method...I'm certainly no gunsmith or expert.

Never hurts to give the stock mfg (Hogue) a call and see what they have to say. If you're ever in doubt, call the manufacturer.

3. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

Great advice. Where ever shoots best that's the torque I'd use.