Hogs in west tn.

People have said they have been spotted in the Big Sandy area which is on the other side of the lake and less than 10 miles from my place as the crow flies. This is unconfirmed and just rumors. The thing that confuses me is that they are obviously well established in LBL based on the simple fact that the feds are trying to trap them and yet I don't hear much about the surrounding privately owned areas. Seems like in place in GA, they just showed up and never went away.
I'm currently driving through big sandy what a small world

I'm about to turn on to I-40 from 641 right now. Stopped at the new Loves truck stop right now.

If you are going east, a friend of mine thought he saw a dead hog on the side of the road around Waverly. Gas prices at Waverly exit are a little cheaper than loves. Might be too late now.

I just got a text from a friend that they shot down coyote hunting at night again in TN. I can't find any links yet. Last time it was for safety reasons. I have not heard any reasons that are based on science and supported by wildlife biologists.

I just got a text from a friend that they shot down coyote hunting at night again in TN. I can't find any links yet. Last time it was for safety reasons. I have not heard any reasons that are based on science and supported by wildlife biologists.
It's never been legal here.

You can hunt coons and fox at night with dogs, but they attempt to pass coyote hunting at night here every year, and every year they vote it down.

You can hunt coons and fox at night with dogs, but they attempt to pass coyote hunting at night here every year, and every year they vote it down.
I checked and you can't legally hunt armadillos at night here either. I think people are stuck in the old school mode that if you allow hunting at night then you encourage people to spotlight for deer. Its the only thing I can figure.

Hog hunting is also illegal in TN, except for a couple of WMA's in east TN, and even then it's only legal as incidental take while legally hunting deer or bears. There is one particular east TN wma that has a couple week hog only season in late January. Hog hunting anywhere in middle or west TN is illegal any time of year.