Hog Hunting---Your doing that wrong

Most likely a no firearms county.

Easter Day I was 8 years old...wearing my 3 piece suite I was attacked by three domestic sows. My great Aunt lived next to a big pig farm in the hills of Virginia. My younger sisters want to see one of the baby pigs, so I went and got one. It was not happy, nor was the three momma hogs! LOL pretty much ruined my clothes...I had managed to get loose before my dad got out of the house...kind of funny thinking back on that day!

Just realized...that was 50 years ago! How time flies when your having fun!

So if a wild animal kills you your family could qualify for compensation. That seems better than being able to defend yourself.

Steve

It amazed me that the woman just stood there talking on the phone with absolutely no way to defend herself as the hog was attacking her father in law, instead of going somewhere a little safer......I guess you can't fix stupid!

Incredible footage....but I can't believe it hasn't ever happened before....maybe not reported or caught on camera before....but hogs are omnivores...eat veggies & reggies.....and deer have been seen eating dead squirrels....

Friend of mine goes after them with dogs and a long double edged knife. I think a spear would have been useful here, a pitchfork, something besides a flat bladed shovel. Oh yeah, guns...

The results of a GUN free Zone. A bat, pipe or a crowbar would have helped.

And yes it has happened before to people that underestimate hogs.

The vicious use of his tusk on both people tell the story about what they can do and the fact that he takes a bite out of both tell you his intent and standing guard over them only indicates that he thinks they are a meal.

These people had no idea what they were dealing with and what they needed to arm themselves with.

Sad

J E CUSTOM

I hope no one ever faces this problem, but know that a hog has a rigid body. If the back legs are picked up, he can't turn and bite the person holding the leg.

My ex wife was attacked by one we were tracling that I had shot with a bow. I didn't realize he was angled hard toward me when I shot. My arrow entered right in the crease behind the shoulder. It exited through the liver. So I only got one lung...

Once he was down for good I did my normal autopsy...both holes through the lung and liver had sealed and he was no longer bleeding internally.

The killing shot was a 44 mag to the brain pan...which she delivered...after some slobbering and walking around on top of her. She kicked him off, sat up and shot him!

We did a reenactment for the Hogzilla show on one of the cable channels, but they didn't have written permission from the land owner where we filmed it at, so our footage was trashed!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.