High BC .257 bullets?

Blackjack,
You do realise this thread is from 2006?
Holy resurrection Batman.

Cheers.
:eek:

Lol. There are certain threads that pop-up for the desperate 25 Cal lovers when they go Google searching for the day when a High BC 25 Cal is a reality. Just want to tie up some loose ends if you know what I mean.

Resurrecting the .257 caliber is LOOOOOOONG overdue! Glad someone is finally doing it, and the bullets will be affordable.

Forgot to ask BlackJack... Are those hunting bullets, or strictly target bullets? Now that i think about it, I don't think I ever saw it mentioned anywhere.

Resurrecting the .257 caliber is LOOOOOOONG overdue! Glad someone is finally doing it, and the bullets will be affordable.

Forgot to ask BlackJack... Are those hunting bullets, or strictly target bullets? Now that i think about it, I don't think I ever saw it mentioned anywhere.

They are not intended for hunting use but like other sierras and bergers they will probably kill stuff just fine lol. The second bullet at the end of the year is going to be purpose built for LRH. We will be taking out some permit-does soon to see how they perform on whitetails.

Is there any additional information available about this bullet?

We want to keep that under wraps as much as possible but it will have a higher BC than the 131 ACE and be designed for long range hunting. Until we get prototypes made there won't be much more info except that the HTR is going to turn some heads.

Hey BlackJack, any chance you'll have a reamer for anything like a 25-308imp? I'll be the shoulder improvement coupled with the just right powder capacity would make it a really easy shooting long ranger.

We want to keep that under wraps as much as possible but it will have a higher BC than the 131 ACE and be designed for long range hunting. Until we get prototypes made there won't be much more info except that the HTR is going to turn some heads.
Feel free to "accidentally" include a couple of those HTR bullets along with the 131's when you mail them... ;)

Hey BlackJack, any chance you'll have a reamer for anything like a 25-308imp? I'll be the shoulder improvement coupled with the just right powder capacity would make it a really easy shooting long ranger.

Yes you are correct but we have not ordered a 25-308 Imp.

It's a perfect capacity and top-end performance level for Match use and definitely LRH use as well.

Base to ogive is 0.616" if you want to spec out a reamer at PTG, JGS, or Manson.

thanks for the info. It's what I'll be planning for my next 257.

That will run like a scalded dog but you will need to use 2.960" mags like Alpha Type II's or if you are running BDL style out of an internal magazine just make sure it will feed well. I ran my 260 AI out of 2.960" AI style magazines for a long time pushing 140 Hybrids and VLDs over 3100 fps in 308 Palma brass I sized down and neck turned. Eventually I will neck that brass down to 257-260 AI 40 and see what it will do using that brass as my dummy round for reamer.

right now I'm using the Accurate Mags with the binder plate removed from the front. My 260 with 140's is at 2.910, with plenty of room to spare. I could also run it from my LA tikka, that'll load out to over 3.4 and have no issues with length.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.