need high bc .257 bullet

B Jordan

what is the highest bc bullet that will stablize in a 1-10 twist 25-06?

i just bought a 40x thats shoots really good and am wanting to try to extend its reach out to a bit and i dont see any good high bc bullets out for it

does richard make one?

thanks,Brian

Brian,

I would look at Richards 125 and 130 gr ULD RBBT. I suspect at 25-06 velocities these will be the tops you can get to stabilize in the 1-10. I know of several of my customers using these bullets in 1-10 twist 25-06 and 25-06 AIs with good results.

If they happen to not shoot well, Richard also offers a 115 gr ULD RBBT.

You just do not have the twist to stabilize his 142 gr ULD RBBT or that would be a great option. Everything the 142 gr SMK is to the 6.5mm and even more in the slightly smaller 25 cal bore but just to much for the 1-10 twist.

Again, the 125 gr ULD RBBTs should work well, the 130 gr ULD RBBTs may work also.

I have not tested the BC of these bullets as I jump directly to the 156 gr ULD RBBT in my 257 Allen Xpress and Allen Magnum but I can tell you that the 130 gr BCFBHP gets around .500 for a BC. The ULD RBBT will be significantly higher then this.

These numbers are from bullet drop tests out to 800 yards.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.