help with my prone position

haha, there you go. i dont mind the recoil, just not being hit in the head. but if others can do it, and i have good form, im sure i can too.

were you not holding the forend?

I only hold the forend if I'm shootin off hand, never had a gun that jumps like this one, even at 13 pounds....my dads old ('64 era) Remington 700 ADL 30-06 kicks like a mule but near zero muzzle jump....I've put thousands of rounds tho it, never had a problem with it....shot a lot of "heavy recoiling" guns in my life, I don't flinch...I love my wsm, just don't care for the muzzle jump...

I just used our digital bathroom scale....I've been packing it all over our family farm just to get used to the weight....

i just picked up my .17hmr heavy barrel which i thought was heavy. after playing with the sendero, its now light :D the furtherest im going to carry my sendero, is to the nearest hill top. well thats the plan.

My wsm is a savage model 12 lrp 26" barrel laminated stock, vortex viper 6.5-20x44 sitting on top of it...300wsm...I didn't meen to pack it further than 2-300 yards from the pickup but after following a couple yotes I wound up 4 miles from the truck....

well i had a good day. i was shooting the 7mm mag a heap better. and the gun seems to shoot about .5 moa. i still need to practice more, as i can see differences in poi with different weight on the bipod. as in a bit high or low. windage was perfect.
so thanks for all the tips!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.