Help with 300WM build

gcamp54

I'm having a 300WM built from scratch and would like some advice on the bottom metal and type of mag box. I'm not really interested in the DBM due to bulk and am more interested in the BDL for simplicity, and comfort while carrying. The action is a Stiller predator. I've looked at the Badger and PT&G for the bottom metal and Wyatt for the box mag. Huge difference in price between the Badger and PT&G. Should I stay with the standard long action Rem box mag or go with the Wyatt? Would like to get 3 rnds in the BDL box. Thanks.

Gordon

Gordon, I just finished one withthe seeking DBM ( friends request). It worked well and did all it was suppose to do plus has an added mag box length of 3.900". But the added weight, bulk and price was more than I need. I will go back to my standard practice of using Rem BDL bottom metal and a $26 Wyatts mag box. This is everything need an works well even with the long seated VDL's.

Jeff

If its going to be a huntin rifle I would go with a blind magazine. No metal making noise and the metal is cold on the hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.