Help with build weight

Erik Kiser

I've ordered the components to build a 338 Lapua Imp. Here's the dilemma I have. I picked up a Krieger #17 Heavy Varmint barrel that will finish at 30" and planned on having it fluted. It will be on a Defiance Deviant action with a Manners T2A in carbon. My question is what can I expect this package to weigh. My last rifle was Rem 700 with a 28.5" Light Varmint unfluted barrel and a standard Manners T2A. This rifle weighed 14.2 lbs with the Leupold 6.5-20x50 LR. How much weight will the fluted HV barrel add and I don't know how much the Deviant action weighs compared to a M700. Thanks

Sounds like you have barrel add up components.Glenn or a shop guy can tell you action, fluted bolt? Stock spec should be listed, scope 21-22 add in rings,rail is built into deviant

Barrel is en route so I don't have it in my hands yet. Was just wondering if I should back down to a fluted Light Varmint. I guess I'll call Defiance tomorrow to get a weight on the action. I was hoping to keep this one under 15 lbs. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.