Help un-confuse me!

Moving the zero indicator ring is very easy, I can move the one on my scope (identical as the one in question) with just my thumbnail. Yes, they are supposed to be 1/2 minute marks.

On another note, Stoney Point makes a target turret that will screw on in place of your regular cap. I don't know how well it works....haven't tried mine yet, but they do make one. Just reading the instructions, it seems super easy to install.

Something I've always done after making an adjustment of a scope like this is tap on the scope a few times with my knuckles. It doesn't impart the same G-Forces as recoil, but in theory; should allow you to click your adjustments and fire without the need of fireing a few shots to "settle in" your scope.

Something to be aware of if you haven't already tested this:

Some scopes, especially ones like this that aren't really designed to be adjusted all the time, don't move the point of impact the advertised amount!! Even after settling in, I've seen this on a couple of older Leups. They moved POI consistantly the same amount, but not the amount it was "supposed" to move.

I have a set of those stoney points. They are OK on my new 4-12 vxII with 1/4" MOA 'clicks'. However, the scale on this scope compared to the scale on the stoney knobs are different, so you don't really know what you are getting.

Hey, bb204 and SBruce are correct, re-zeroing leupolds is easy. I tried it on a couple old Vari-X II's and Vari-X III's and only needed a fingernail. Now I just need to get me a lucky lucky adjusting nickel.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts