Help me count...

BackZebra

I need some help with a couple of groups that I shot today. In the past, I've never been one who was very good at "precision" shooting so didn't have to worry about groups that were too close together. These are 2 groups that I shot today. Each one consisted of 3 shots.

Here is a pic of the groups:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69021380/2013-04-14 18.19.37.jpg

The hole to the right of the quarter is accounted for. The lower group was shot first, I made an adjustment to the scope and then shot the higher group. I was shooting a 55 grain .223 FMJ. Not match grade ammo, but I'm just working on sighting the gun in right now after adding a new scope.

What is your opinion? Does it look like there are 3 holes in each of these groups or is there only 2?

Measuere the holes and you tell us. I was not there cannot say for sure but there could for sure be three. If you one hole on two of them which would be the case it would be pretty easy to see a enlarge hole between the two.

I need some help with a couple of groups that I shot today. In the past, I've never been one who was very good at "precision" shooting so didn't have to worry about groups that were too close together. These are 2 groups that I shot today. Each one consisted of 3 shots.

Here is a pic of the groups:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/69021380/2013-04-14 18.19.37.jpg

The hole to the right of the quarter is accounted for. The lower group was shot first, I made an adjustment to the scope and then shot the higher group. I was shooting a 55 grain .223 FMJ. Not match grade ammo, but I'm just working on sighting the gun in right now after adding a new scope.

What is your opinion? Does it look like there are 3 holes in each of these groups or is there only 2?
Nice shooting. It looks to me like the high hole in the high group is probably two shots as does the low hole in the bottom group.

Whatever problems you've had with precision shooting in the past I'd say are behind you at least as far as this rifle and load go.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.