Help reforming my stock

Blackwat3r

I have a Marlin XL7 in a 30-06 and i'm looking for more of an exotic stock to make this rifle my own. I cant find exactly what I'm looking for and before I start this project I was hoping to get another opinion on if it is possible. The look and style I am going for is that of the M200 Interventions stock. The problem I am having is the XL7 stock is very common/basic and I'm not sure how to change it to a pistol grip with the same style stock of the M200, however, I am not trying to make my stock retractable.

If anyone has any incite or opinions please help.

Thanks
J

Are we talking your basic Marlin XL7 black synthetic stock?

and this you want to convert to a pistol grip in the way of the M200 except not retractable?

That being the case, there is no way to 're-form' your present stock to accomplish that.

Take a look at Richards Micro Fit stocks or Boyds Gunstocks, they have some fairly neat designs, thumbhole type etc, or you can also see what styles of synthetics are available for the XL7.

If you have the time and patience you can get a chunk of hardwood and rough cut a stock in the design you want, grab a set of carving tools, and create your own, just remember to have a lot of patience when doing the inlet.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.