Help on dating these primers

These marks below on my bolt face are caused by defective primers 'pinholing' on the radius of the primer cup, which is totally visible in the pic of the offending primer.
This was the very first 3 shots fired on a brand spanking new REM 700 LR in 300WM…Winchester accepted fault and replaced the bolt. I also had the 1,000 primers replaced.

Cheers.
Was that factory ammo or reloads? I would guess that on reloads they would take a hard pass on accepting fault?

Was that factory ammo or reloads? I would guess that on reloads they would take a hard pass on accepting fault?
They were handloads, I don't buy factory ammunition and the primers are for handloading, hence the brick of 1,000 primers.
Winchester didn't question it, they knew certain lot# had bad cups.
Honestly, I don't understand your question.

Cheers.

They were handloads, I don't buy factory ammunition and the primers are for handloading, hence the brick of 1,000 primers.
Winchester didn't question it, they knew certain lot# had bad cups.
Honestly, I don't understand your question.

Cheers.
Because most firearm manufacturers today will Not warranty a firearm using handloads. Not sure when manufacturers started this policy ? I would guess it was probably a long time ago. So we're wondering how you got around this ? Even with factory ammo I would not want to be in this scenario. Unless you're referring to two different scenarios.

Because most firearm manufacturers today will Not warranty a firearm using handloads. Not sure when manufacturers started this policy ? I would guess it was probably a long time ago. So we're wondering how you got around this ? Even with factory ammo I would not want to be in this scenario. Unless you're referring to two different scenarios.
This is true, tell most big factory firearm manufacturers that you used reloads today and you're warranty is void!

You're talking about a rifle problem, yes, manufacturers void warranty if using reloads, but this was not a rifle issue, it was a faulty primer issue. The rifle in question was not the cause of the pinholed primers, in fact, it was a Remington firearm that Winchester replaced the bolt on. As I said earlier, I contacted them, told them the issue and sent pics and they didn't question who/what was at fault.

Cheers.

This is true, tell most big factory firearm manufacturers that you used reloads today and you're warranty is void!
Magnummania had a Rem 700 that was damaged by Winchester primers. Thus when he says "Winchester accepted blame" he means the primer manufacturer accepted blame. Probably knew that lot of primers was bad.

Edit crossed post! I had it right though.

You're talking about a rifle problem, yes, manufacturers void warranty if using reloads, but this was not a rifle issue, it was a faulty primer issue. The rifle in question was not the cause of the pinholed primers, in fact, it was a Remington firearm that Winchester replaced the bolt on. As I said earlier, I contacted them, told them the issue and sent pics and they didn't question who/what was at fault.

Cheers.
Yeah I should have reread your earlier post slowerrrrrrrrrrr. lol