Keep SAUM’s Alive

• Do you want SAUM Brass

Votes: 101 68.2%
  • Do you use SAUM Brass

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • Would you use SAUM Brass if Available

Votes: 105 70.9%

• Total voters
Ok, I've put in a couple request for @orkan and Direct to Moderator to please delete post #19 in this thread.
If you're not going to offer constructive support per my request in support of the LongRange Hunting & Shooting Community I'd appreciate you not post at all.
My intent is to provide a link to this thread containing positive respectful request to brass manufacturer's for their evaluation.

Pretty Simple Request.

SAUM's Forever….????? ……maybe…….anyone???

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." - Thomas Sowell
If Thomas Sowell were a hunter, he definitely would be shooting a SAUM!! I'm a big Thomas Sowell fan and listener, but a much bigger SAUM shooter/hunter/loader!!!

SAUM's Forever….????? ……maybe…….anyone???

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." - Thomas Sowel
Trying to decide between 6.5 & 25 SAUM here. Got several boxes of 6.5 lying in wait.
I guess it depends on your purpose with it. In our neck of the woods, I believe it is a tad too big for deer. Out west good on the bigger bodied deer, but a smidgeon small for elk unless you keep the shots within 400 ish yards. And, hope it hits just right. My experience anyway, with them. However, with all that said it is a fun target round for steel.

Saum is a great cartridge and I plan on always having a 7 Saum in the safe. I've had all the PRCs, and the 7 Saum has just been the easiest I've ever dealt with. Much prefer it to the 7prc. Saying things like death to Saum is just stupid and classic orkan. His way or you're the dumbest person alive. What happened to his death to forums? I was hoping that was the last we'd see of him here. Too bad because hes a wealth of knowledge and makes some good products.

What would it take for a SAAMI revision for the SAUM's to update the barrel twist? Factory support for short magnums would be a great thing to have come back around. I get that the COAL is an issue for the idea behind them which is use in a short action but the 7 SAUM and 300 SAUM seem like they are the perfect short barrel "do everything" cartridges. Unfortunately it seems like the only short magnums that are still getting any factory support are the 300 WSM and 6.5 PRC. This isn't as much of a concern for you guys that load your own.