Help Identifying this bullet seating die with window

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by TxPhred, Sep 7, 2013.

1. TxPhred

TxPhred Member

Hello,
    Was wondering if anyone know who makes this bullet seating die with the window to place the bullets in.
    Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. M1AShooter

M1AShooter Active Member

I don't recognize that die, but if you're looking for one for yourself with a similar configuration you might consider RCBS's Competition Seating dies. They also have the window for bullet seating.

3. TxPhred

TxPhred Member

Thanks, this die came with a Ponsness Warren Metallic-2 press I purchased and I wanted to find additional inserts but no brand marks on it. It came with a .30 Cal Sleeve and Seating Pin. I know it is not a PW model or RCBS. So I am trying to identify it to find additional caliber parts.

4. texastrophy

texastrophy Well-Known Member

It may be a Vickerman or Wichita Precision die.

5. TxPhred

TxPhred Member

I tried those websites but could not find older models of their current versions. thanks for the help though.

6. KennyA12

KennyA12 Member

Check Ponsness & warren, they make a die like that. It is listed on their web site under metallic accessories. The complete die is $59.95. Also Weatherby used to market a die set, I had one in 300 weatherby Mag. Also RCBS sells a Gold Medal Die which is similar.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  7. TxPhred

TxPhred Member

Thanks Kenny,
    I think it is a Herters "Model Perfect" Automatic Seating Die, the caliber marked on the sleeve and bullet seater is ".300". I put a .30 Cal case in it and it is not a neck sizer. It is not exactly like a Herter's as I can't match my photo with any of the existing Herters photos but the sleeve and seater portion resemble the Herters a great deal. But hey I'm getting closer. thanks again for your help and same to others that have responded.