HELP! Applied Ballistics for Androids Kestrel Plugin

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Charles B, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Charles B

Charles B Well-Known Member

I have the Applied Ballistics program on my Android and a Kestrel with Bluetooth. According to Bryan Litz there is a free plugin required to get the Kestrel connected to the android, but I have not been able to find it and don't have a clue what I'm looking for. Appreciate any help members can provide.

2. elkoholic72

elkoholic72 Well-Known Member

Search app store for Shooter BT Plugin for Kestrel. Should come right up.
    Ben

3. Charles B

Thanks, I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

4. Charles B

Yes, that did the trick. Tested it out yesterday for pairing and connection and I'm up and running. Thanks again.

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Question for you guys using BlueTooth to input data. Where do you carry your Kestrel? I have found my kestrel (2500 non BT.) takes a few minutes to settle in on the current temp when taken out of my pack. I would assume that is due to some transferred body heat. Temp being such an important part of a long range shooting solution, I have shied away from the BT method. Your thoughts???

Jeff

6. Charles B

Not much experince, but I carried mine in a gear bag yesterday and it settled in less than 30 seconds on the temperature. This is a learning experince for me and I had the same thoughts. Considering I whitetail hunt from a stand there is usually ample time for this type of device to settle in, but actual use will tell the tale.