Heaviest bullet to 4,000FPS

That is still very fast fire with heavy rounds it's hard to imagine the machinery involved to load, chamber and fire at 65 per second. I'm a mechanic and figured out a long time ago 7000 rpm is over a 116 revolutions a second. I have heard and saw a video of the m61 Vulcan 20 mm cannon it sounded like a buzz saw through steel. It was wicked.
I am wondering who manufactures those weapons?

I don't think it'd hit 4K but now I just gotta ask...anyone here ever try the 235-250 grain bullets in a .375 cheytac or such? Very impractical but probably fun.

I don't think it'd hit 4K but now I just gotta ask...anyone here ever try the 235-250 grain bullets in a .375 cheytac or such? Very impractical but probably fun.
I have never tried in a Cheytac but I have in this Bad Boy, my load consists of a Barnes original 350gr 50cal with 240gr of you guessed it RL17 produces an exit speed of 4200fps. Those bullets must have the lowest BC in the history of man kind but who cares what ever is at they other end is getting hit with a cinder block going 4000fps plus. I should go back to the range and find my 270 Win buddy he would really soil his pants when he would loose that 4000fps argument again .LOL the scary thing is that there was room for more powder volume wise and pressure wise. Ah yes my Baby Barrett it gives you that Warm and Fuzzy Feeling when you sent one down range.

Dean
20170723_115830.JPG
20170723_115935.JPG

It's a sharp short kick which is not bad at all, unlike sending a 300gr which hits you with all it's got and follows though.
the 160s and 180s are like jabs while the 300s which I send over 3000fps are like a Haymaker.LOL

Dean
Lol now we know why your forum name is what it is!!

When I went to the clinic to get some stiches when it happened I went to school with the girl who was checking me in, she said that she would have to call the cops to file a report because it is considered a "firearm incident" I said thanks for the heads up. So I went to see my buddy who was a medic in they armed forces and he sewed me up right there at the kitchen table, while he made fun of me the whole time.

Dean

When I went to the clinic to get some stiches when it happened I went to school with the girl who was checking me in, she said that she would have to call the cops to file a report because it is considered a "firearm incident" I said thanks for the heads up. So I went to see my buddy who was a medic in they armed forces and he sewed me up right there at the kitchen table, while he made fun of me the whole time.

Dean
I'm sorry but I had too😉!

It's crazy the things that can be reported for a given incident. There's always the saying of, "it's not who you are, it's who you know" is what's nice. Good thing you got someone to fix you up!

I'm sorry but I had too😉!

It's crazy the things that can be reported for a given incident. There's always the saying of, "it's not who you are, it's who you know" is what's nice. Good thing you got someone to fix you up!
Yeah it wasn't such a good deal after all, I ended up having to help him reshingle his roof I probably would have helped him anyways but he didn't know that. On a side note his wife is the prettiest sweetest thing you have ever met and all through his marriage he had to put up with "that's your wife" that dosen't make any sense she is way to _______ for you. I must have heard it 1000 times. LOL

Dean

PS: For a month after that I had biggest shiner you have ever seen combined with the stitches I looked worse than it was. I had to go to a wedding to the following week, at the reception everyone was asking me what happened, I told everyone that my wife hit me she was not happy.LOL

Dean

Last edited:
Yeah it wasn't such a good deal after all, I ended up having to help him reshingle his roof I probably would have helped him anyways but he didn't know that. On a side note his wife is the prettest sweetest thing you have ever met all through his marriage he had to put up with "that's your wife" that dosen't make any sense she is way to _______ for you. I must have heard it 1000 times. LOL

Dean

PS: For a month after that I had biggest shiner you have ever seen combined with the stitches I looked worse than it was. I had to go to a wedding to the following week, at the reception everyone was asking me what happened, I told everyone that my wife hit me she was not happy.LOL

Dean
Hahahah omg that's pretty good!! Dean, you made my day!

Yeah just like if you take cough syrup and get into an accident it's alcohol related. Our society today and it's logic is so screwed up.
Yeah, we had our first baby in August and they were telling us things that frightened the crap out of my wife and I. We also had to read some paper work and some of it said that if we would refuse a certain service or shot for our baby that the hospital has the right to do that we could be reported and blah blah blah.
I feel like there is no freedom to refuse things you would like to research, talk with spouse or to someone else about before what gets done anymore. We didn't know half the stuff they were talking about so it was a very stressful deal being our first.

I'll bet it's stressful and you're just trying to do the best you can at making informed decisions. There are a lot of facts in medical but not everything is written in stone sometimes it's more of what they believe and just because they believe it doesn't always make it the best thing. So when was it in August my dads is the 25th and mine is the 28th?

I'll bet it's stressful and you're just trying to do the best you can at making informed decisions. There are a lot of facts in medical but not everything is written in stone sometimes it's more of what they believe and just because they believe it doesn't always make it the best thing. So when was it in August my dads is the 25th and mine is the 28th?
Yeah along with covid being a factor, nobody could visit. Yeah the professionals aren't always best for any given person, everyone lives they're life's how they want!

Jameson was born August 3rd. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts