Hearing Protection Act 2019

MudRunner2005

They have just reintroduced the Hearing Protection Act for 2019... I'm not holding my breath, since we lost control of the House, but you never know. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be calling our reps and sharing this stuff everywhere so we can push them to support passing the HPA this year! Now that they have the House, the Dems have already started to throw all their anti-gun bullcrap against the wall just hoping something will stick. Over the last 100 years, we have had SO MANY of our gun rights taken away, that we should be doing the same thing. We should be drowning-out all of their BS with pro-gun legislation, like repeal the NFA, repeal the Hughes Amendment, pass the HPA, SHUSH Act, repeal the GCA of 1968, etc...

It is our job to keep the the clowns in DC on their toes and to push what agendas we want passed. The government was originally designed FOR the people, OF the people, and BY the people. It's no longer that way. It's time we Big Brother back in his place. Because just like Edmund Burke once said, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Last edited:
It sure would be nice if they could sneak it through.

They cashed $200.00 check 1/9/2019, but I've heard they are just cashing checks. The paperwork it just sitting....which it pretty much does even when there is no shut down.

I have another can in lay-a-way that I need to pay off and get the clock ticking on it.

We can hope hey can find away to get it through...easiest is to hide it in a health care bill...do like they did with Obummer Care...tell them they don't need to read the bill until after it passes...now where have we heard that?

I'd love it for this bill to become reality but I have never thought there was any chance of getting a bill like this passed. I'm not even sure trump would sign it. After all, he killed the bump stocks.

even if it was pushed through federally, blue states would shut them down per that state, if not the state the county...or city ect.. In places that its already ok to have a suppressor, i dont think much will change besides maybe the tax stamps and how they are sold.

I e-mailed my state reps on the issue.

perhaps if there are folks on here that have democrat reps in districts that Trump one and enough of them voice their support we may have a chance. A slight chance but better than none at all.

Correct me of I'm wrong but none of the others have even made it out of committee to get voted on. They're all too scared to actually do something, it's just nice to throw a bill out there to keep all of us "radical gun nuts" voting for them.

Well I don't think this stands a chance right now. Trumps not going to support it he's willing to give up our gun rights I believe for bargaining with the dems for him to get his wall. He doesn't care who or what he effect as long as he can get his way with the wall.

If it did pass, you know some crazy guy will eventually use a suppressor in a mass shooting and then they all will be banned. At least now you have the opportunity to buy a suppressor in 42 states.

On a side note, I heard the Virginia Democratic governor say last week on a radio talk show that he thought you didn't need more than 3 rounds to hunt with or for self defense. He also told a caller that if wanted to shoot a rifle that had a magazine with more than 10 rounds in it, he should join the military.

With northern VA voters turning the tide on VA elections, the Dems will be even more emboldened to introduce more wacky gun control legislation. Right now the Republicans hold a one seat advantage in the state legislature. They will lose that in the next election.

Dead on arrival. They introduced it to act like they tried.

I would love for this to be passed, but IMO if you're waiting on it you should just buy a can and get the process started. I know people who have been putting it off because this will pass for 3 years.

Granted with ATF shutdown right now you're screwed on that too.

Just moved to committee today is a new bill in Virginia (HB 2492) than will ban possession of semiautomatic rifles and pistols that can accept a silencer.
"C. For purposes of this section, "assault firearm" means any semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine which that will hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock."

Chances of them eliminating a Tax on anything are pretty slim. Only chance of it passing is if they were to come up with a "New Class" eligible for additional tax, and adding supressors to it. Their idea of "Compromise" might be to create a class 4. Over the counter sales with background check, $200 or more tax, registration via NFA. They could include SBR's, semi auto rifles and handguns. No private transfers. Careful what you wish for. The folks you are asking to do this could care less about the citizens they are supposed to represent. They only care about power, getting re elected, their security, and growing their own personal wealth. Never forget that. If you elect someone that truly believes otherwise, they will be co-opted in their first term. There are some very bad people deeply embedded in this bunch.

I honestly could care less if it was still an NFA regulated item, and if it still required a background check (4473), just as long as they drop the ridiculous $200 tax stamp (on top of paying taxes at the store) and maybe dropped it down to a $5 AOW tax stamp, and I can walk out the store with it right after I pay for it, and take it home that day.

That's called common sense regulations. It would also eliminate A LOT of bureaucratic red tape and headaches and time consumption, and would streamline the NFA process (make it faster) for approvals for other items like machine-guns and stuff. It would still be an NFA registered item, so it would still require an FFL transfer to sell it to another individual. It's registered, it's still taxed and regulated, but I get to take it home with me the day I buy it, and save $195 off the cost of the process... I could live with that.

I still believe they're a chunk of metal and should not be registered devices in any way, shape, or form, but at the very least, I could live with what I listed above.

I honestly could care less if it was still an NFA regulated item, and if it still required a background check (4473), just as long as they drop the ridiculous $200 tax stamp (on top of paying taxes at the store) and maybe dropped it down to a $5 AOW tax stamp, and I can walk out the store with it right after I pay for it, and take it home that day.

That's called common sense regulations. It would also eliminate A LOT of bureaucratic red tape and headaches and time consumption, and would streamline the NFA process (make it faster) for approvals for other items like machine-guns and stuff. It would still be an NFA registered item, so it would still require an FFL transfer to sell it to another individual. It's registered, it's still taxed and regulated, but I get to take it home with me the day I buy it, and save $195 off the cost of the process... I could live with that.

I still believe they're a chunk of metal and should not be registered devices in any way, shape, or form, but at the very least, I could live with what I listed above.
We all know the NFA is unconstitutional. So do they. A supressor isn't even a weapon. It is only a muffler, just like on a car. They don't care, unless it is an election year. Some who made promises at home will go back and say "They Tried", and if only reelected they will keep fighting for you, and then they will actually go back to Washington, have a good laugh with their buddies, and joke about how they suckered the "Little People".

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.