Hawkins m5 Oberndorf bottom metal

Mcranch

I'm working on 30 Nosler build and the I'm looking at the m5 inlet. The bottom metal of consideration is the Hawkins m5 Oberndorf with the Wyatt mbe 3 kit. My concern is that it was mentioned that there can be issues with feeding shells from this configuration? The action will be an Impact 787. Has anyone had a build using the Hawkins m5 Oberndorf with the Wyatt box that had feeding issues if so what adjustments were made to alleviate the situation? I tried to google but haven't found much on the subject. What I did find that all was good. I was told to go with Hawkins Hunter DBM.

Might be a bit late to this reply, but I have in fact had issues with this configuration. I just finished a build, and was not impressed with the Wyatts box magazine at all. I had to grind out my own groove at the back of the box for my bolt to slide without hitting. When I spoke to Wyatts they said that sometimes they need adjustments. I have the Curtis Custom Helix in 28 Nosler, and am waiting for the Hunter DBM to come in, I am going to sell off the M5 Oberndorf, the first and 3rd rounds load perfectly but the second round pops out about 1/4 of the way when closing the bolt.
Who makes the hunter DBM? Is it also from Curtis? I am actually building a 30 Nosler myself with the same setup as the OP in mind now you got me nervous lol.

I ordered
Might be a bit late to this reply, but I have in fact had issues with this configuration. I just finished a build, and was not impressed with the Wyatts box magazine at all. I had to grind out my own groove at the back of the box for my bolt to slide without hitting. When I spoke to Wyatts they said that sometimes they need adjustments. I have the Curtis Custom Helix in 28 Nosler, and am waiting for the Hunter DBM to come in, I am going to sell off the M5 Oberndorf, the first and 3rd rounds load perfectly but the second round pops out about 1/4 of the way when closing the bolt.
I ordered the m5 Oberndorf and the Wyatt mbe3
It appears to fit the 787 action? From what I understand the Hawkins DBM Hunter short is available if you can find it but the long action isn't out yet? Unless it has come out? I'm still waiting for my barrel to be reamed. Thanks for the information on the Wyatt box. Did you have to adjust the tabs on the box?

I would go with the Hunter DBM M5 bottom metal. It is also from Hawkins Precision
So, does Hawkins now have the the Hunter dbm in the long action out? I haven't heard anything from Nick the rep for Hawkins on the long action being on the market as of yet. Does anyone know if it's out now? Both the m5 Oberndorf long action and the Hunter dbm long action are supposed to fit the m5 inlet.

It appears so! I just received this email from Hawkins

Attachments

• 6B84C6AA-4083-4B84-833D-2DA79C5076D6.png
    6B84C6AA-4083-4B84-833D-2DA79C5076D6.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 69