Having trouble sighting in

I guess I missed the part where the OP said he is not shooting or plan to shoot past 1KY. All my LRH rifles have at least a 20 MOA for the reason noted below ...

View attachment 296127

yeah, good point. I the available come ups in the optic is going to dictate the amount of offset you want in your Base / mount. I want to say on my last LR rifle (6.5CM) I had 20MOA built into the base and the Spuhr mount I was using had another 20MOA . This basically allowed me to use up all my available travel in my Khales. Got me to where I only had to hold maybe 1.5-2 Mils at a mile.

I may have missed it but the O.P never said how far I think.
On good clear scopes ive never saw the clarity difference from 500-1000 using 0 m.o.a rails

If he only has say 10 MOA of travel down left in his optic with his current 20moa base, then a 30 MOA base maybe the way to go. Should allow him to use all the available travel on the low end and have the full 37 MOA or whatever his optic has to get get out to distance..

All he needs to do is find out the total travel his optic has, then dial up and count the MOA from his current zero until he runs out.of travel. subtract that from the total come ups of his optic and what's left over thats he's not using. If it's 10 MOA, than a 30moa base should work perfect and make all his come ups usable.

If he only has say 10 MOA of travel down left in his optic with his current 20moa base, then a 30 MOA base maybe the way to go. Should allow him to use all the available travel on the low end and have the full 37 MOA or whatever his optic has to get get out to distance..

All he needs to do is find out the total travel his optic has, then dial up and count the MOA from his current zero until he runs out.of travel. subtract that from the total come ups of his optic and what's left over thats he's not using. If it's 10 MOA, than a 30moa base should work perfect and make all his come ups usable.
Leupold (https://www.leupold.com/vx-5hd-3-15x44-cds-zl2-side-focus-htmr-riflescope) is his scope has 75 MOA of internal total elevation (+37.5 MOA/-37.5 MOA).

I have a Leupold LRP 6.5-20 (IIRC, it also has a 75 MOA total elevation) on my .264 WM with a 20 MOA rail without any issues.

so if he runs a 40moa base and sticks with a 100 yd zero, he'll only be leaving about 2.5MOA of travel on the table.

No, that is not what I am saying at all. He already has 20 MOA rail. He just need to figure out his scopes zero stop system to make the necessary adjustments to zero with 20 MOA can't and end up with ~+57.5. MOA of elevation.

No, that is not what I am saying at all. He already has 20 MOA rail. He just need to figure out his scopes zero stop system to make the necessary adjustments to zero with 20 MOA can't and end up with ~+57.5. MOA of elevation.

I may have got a little cross threaded on my last post. I don't disagree with that. What I'm sayin is, once he figures out his zero stop with his current 20moa rail, and can dial in on his his 100 yard zero then hes gtg at that point, to run his elevator turret up until he runs out of travel. Subtract that total MOA from his optics total MOA in come ups and that's how much travel he has left that's he's not able to use.

if he is able to run hia turret up to 27 MOA before he maxes it out, that means he has 1O MOA of travel "below" his 100 yd zero. that he can't use.

At that point, Swapping out that 20 MOA base for a 30moa base would allow him that additional 10 MOA in come ups for dialing out to distance..

I may have got a little cross threaded on my last post. I don't disagree with that. What I'm sayin is, once he figures out his zero stop with his current 20moa rail, and can dial in on his his 100 yard zero then hes gtg at that point, to run his elevator turret up until he runs out of travel. Subtract that total MOA from his optics total MOA in come ups and that's how much travel he has left that's he's not able to use.

if he is able to run hia turret up to 27 MOA before he maxes it out, that means he has 1O MOA of travel "below" his 100 yd zero. that he can't use.

At that point, Swapping out that 20 MOA base for a 30moa base would allow him that additional 10 MOA in come ups for dialing out to distance..

I do not want to further complicate the OP's challenges unnecessarily and that's why I am sticking with the 20 MOA rail he already has. Once he figures out his zero stop system, he should have ~57.5 MOA at his disposal.

If you are maxed out to adjust down below 2" high at 100, live with it; only 2 inches high at 100, should be a tiny bit high at 200 and able to adjust up to 1,000 or so - that's what the 20 MOA rail is for. All this assumes the zero stop has been used correctly.

If you are maxed out to adjust down below 2" high at 100, live with it; only 2 inches high at 100, should be a tiny bit high at 200 and able to adjust up to 1,000 or so - that's what the 20 MOA rail is for.
Yes. If he's actually maxed out and not just hitting his zero stop and as @Fenix said that's what he's gotta figure out first