I may be in trouble...

Tim Behle

I may be in a little trouble here at home tonight. This morning my wife gave me a blank check to get the title transferred and plates bought on a truck we just got. Unfortunately, the State wanted to inspect the vehicle before giving me a new title, and I wasn't driving the truck. As I pulled out of the BMV, the local radio station had a swap shop on the air. To make a long story short, the blank check went to a guy for a .338 Win Mag.

I've not seen my wife to tell how she will react yet, but in the mean time, do you think I should look to rebarreling in a .338 RUM, or maybe a RUM improved, or are there others out there that might work well on the Savage 110 action?

Thanks for you help ( and prayers )

Tim

Tim,
Well done, now you just have to convince her that SHE forgot to give you that check she promised, so how can you get that truck registration handled...

I believe that you might be quite surprised at how far you can accurately hurl .33 caliber bullets with the lowly .338 Win. mag. Sometimes I get the feeling that it is much like the .308, it just don't get no respect...

My alltime longest kill was with a 210 Nosler out of a Sako Fibersomething, won't even bother to say a number because back then I was just "winging long ones" with no knowledge of how to shoot long. Antelope buck let me walk the bullets out to where he stood, got him on the seventh shot. He was so **** far he didn't know I was seekin' on him.

By the way, we have been getting very mild weather up here in the frozen wasteland - would you believe rain on Dec. 11th. Not 80 plus like you no doubt but very mild and almost no snow in sight. Know some guys who are doing a bunch of coyote hunting (calling), dogs everywhere but their numbers are dropping pretty steady. A friend just gave one a 168 grain injection at 687 yards, died in its bed. Hope your coyote plinking is going well.

I got an extra bed in the basement
smile.gif

Sorry for the delay. It just turned out to be a real busy day at work, starting when they called in in at 1 AM.

I survived, and she didn't yell or anything when I mentioned my new purchase. Of course, that might have been because I waited and told her right in the middle of the kids Christmas program at school. She had plenty of time to relax before getting me alone.
grin.gif

I'm still tossing around the idea of a new longer barrel. But never underestimate the wife's memory.

I walked in the door tonight with a package I'd ordered from Midway. She knew it was coming and was watching as I put the items on the shelf. When I got to a box of dies, she took it out of my hand, looked at it for a minute and said "Tim, why did you buy loading dies for a caliber you don't own?"

I may have to go buy her a couple of extra presents this year.
wink.gif

Like a pro Tim.
grin.gif
My wife says she's the most understanding women on the face of the planet and that I'm lucky to have her, because of my hunting and shooting diseases that is, I think she's right
smile.gif
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.