Harris bipod size

Cooperw

Hoping one of you could help me in deciding which bipod to get. Looking to get one of the longer harris bipod swivel series for sitting shots. There is one that is 11-25" and another that is 13.5- 27". Does that extra 2" come in handy? They are on sale for around the same price and want to get the right one. I am 6' 240ish lbs. They are around 115$ on sale. Is that a good sale price that only comes around so often or is that a pretty normal price. I ask because I dont really need it anytime soon just figured I'd pick it up if it's a good deal. Thanks

These bipods have two sections that you can pull out. So you have basically 11",18",25" options or wherever you want to adjust the friction wheels. I put claw feet on mine so that adds another inch. I'm 5'9" for cross leg sitting I only pull out one section. This does give a bit of a crouch and I can put my elbows on the inside of each knee to support the back of the rifle very well. I only use both sections if I want to try kneeling. The sitting is pretty stable, the kneeling with both sections extended isn't quite as much. If I need to go to kneeling or standing to clear an obstacle I want to use my Feisol tripod. That's really my preference, I use the bipod in sitting configuration if my son's rifle is on the tripod.

Hoping one of you could help me in deciding which bipod to get. Looking to get one of the longer harris bipod swivel series for sitting shots. There is one that is 11-25" and another that is 13.5- 27". Does that extra 2" come in handy? They are on sale for around the same price and want to get the right one. I am 6' 240ish lbs. They are around 115$ on sale. Is that a good sale price that only comes around so often or is that a pretty normal price. I ask because I dont really need it anytime soon just figured I'd pick it up if it's a good deal. Thanks

I have both the 27 and 25. Shooting from a sitting or kneeling position, the 27 is definitely better. I found with the 25, I can shoot prone easier on the lowest setting.

I have a harris 27 sitting on my counter that I am not using. PM me if you are interested. I'll give you a good deal on it. I might have a 12-25 I could part with as well. I have several of each.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts