Bipods. Harris and Parker Hale.

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Sausage, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Sausage

Sausage Member

Opinions please on which is the shooting industries finest tactical short legged Bipod. The Parker Hale or Harris?

Would Bipod would be recommended the Swiveling or Ridgid?

Bipod application would be for a HS Precision 2000 HTR.

Thank You again.

2. FatBoy...

FatBoy... Well-Known Member

Harris, Benchrest swivel, Notched legs, 3-6 or 6-9" with Pod-Loc.

The PH's are nice, but they are machine gun bipods, and not nearly as user friendly IMHO.

FatBoy...

[ 09-14-2002: Message edited by: FatBoy... ]

3. jhendri2

jhendri2 Well-Known Member

I've never owned a PH, but I do have a few harris bipods and a versi-pod. I much pefer the versi-pod. Just my opinion.

Jim

4. JackRabbitSquare

JackRabbitSquare Well-Known Member

I have the all steel versa-pod and i love it, a little heavy but very nice. I just couldn't justify the extra cost of a PH.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I've had two different Parker Hale bipods a steel one and an aluminum one with friction lock. I royaly hated them both. I sold them off.

The ParkerHale style bipods are way too wobbly (spelling?). However I absolutely love the swivel Harris bipods.

I have two harris bipods now both are swivel. One is the short BR, and the other is the meium length one.

[ 09-13-2002: Message edited by: sr90 ]

6. DANTEC

DANTEC Well-Known Member

VERSA POD is a chinese copy of the Parker HALE , I find that VERSA POD is a bit too loose in inside gaps after a light blue print that make a nice heavy gun bi pod

but Harris bipod can deliver you closely any height of bipod and that a real great thing when you need a bipod to shoot in not only prone position on flat ground

good shooting

DAN TEC