• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Hard to find products thread

So what's the deal with this powder valley...I asked them if my order had shipped yet, since it's been a few days, and this is the reply I go.

"We are currently processing orders with powder placed on March 24 and orders that do not contain powder from March 27! You will receive an invoice when your order is processed and receive tracking information when the order ships."

What's anyone's turn around time on getting stuff from them. This seems kind of ridiculous.

I ordered some stuff from them and they are about eight weeks out on shipping stuff that is in stock. They are that far behind on shipping.

Cheers

I ended up canceling my order at 3rd generation shooting supply for that very reason. lucky for me I was able to find all that stuff at my local shooting supply store .

They had a huge supply of reloader 33; 25; 22 and 7.

So what's the deal with this powder valley...I asked them if my order had shipped yet, since it's been a few days, and this is the reply I go.

"We are currently processing orders with powder placed on March 24 and orders that do not contain powder from March 27! You will receive an invoice when your order is processed and receive tracking information when the order ships."

What's anyone's turn around time on getting stuff from them. This seems kind of ridiculous.

They warn you right on their home page:

Orders placed today for in stock items will ship approximately May 28. We are currently processing orders with powder placed on Mar 25 and orders that do not contain powder from March 29! You will receive an invoice when your order is processed and receive tracking information when the order ships.

Not sure what it is you expected from them? It states it as clear as day that they are delayed and they even give a time frame? As to your question, all of my dealings have been as they stated. They will continue to get my business!

I ended up canceling my order at 3rd generation shooting supply for that very reason. lucky for me I was able to find all that stuff at my local shooting supply store .

They had a huge supply of reloader 33; 25; 22 and 7.

I called them regarding adding to my order and during our conversation, they said that the delay is with FedEx or UPS. They said they will only take a certain amount of Hazmat items per truck (I think it was 750 lbs, but don't quote me). He said in one day he had 7000lbs of powder orders placed.
First thought from most would be why not send more trucks to their place, but maybe that is not an option.

He said my order should be on the truck today or tomorrow, so we'll see. Can't find RL19 anywhere locally, so I don't have a choice.

My main question is for some of these companies that have excessive orders why not hire more people? It cannot be hard to find someone that:

A. Needs a Job
B. That can count
C. That can realize they need to match the serial, product or whatever number that is on the picklist.

To me this is like throwing money and customers out the window. If these smaller companies could serve their customers that day or within 2-3 days having their orders ready to ship they would have a tremendous customer and sales base. It also seems like the places that have the sevral weeks til shipping orders are the ones that are getting majority of the reloading supplies everyone needs so boost your capacity. I realize eventually it will calm down but strike while the kettle is hot. :D

After reading the post prior to mine I guess no matter how many workers you have if carriers can only ship certain amounts then you will be screwed. So much for my plan. :rolleyes:

But I guess they could still do it for the non-hazmat stuff.

Figure this is worth a try, I'm looking for:

6.5 Berger 140 VLD Hunting

6.5 Sierra 142 SMK

204 Sierra 39

204 Remington brass

204 Winchester brass

7WSM Winchester brass

Retumbo

If anyone knows a place this stuff is hiding please let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

If anyone has or knows where I can purchase some Nosler 300 RUM brass I would be most appreciative. I have been looking for several months and can't find any. I would also be interested in trading some reloading components I have that someone needs for the 300 RUM brass. Thanks!

Chuck's reloading had some 300RUM brass not Nosler brass. I bought around 300-400 RUM brass from him before and can't beat the price. Hope that helps out.