Hammer bullet for short range bear hunting

I'm going to book a hunt to Saskatchewan for this summer and I intend to shoot a 308 win. The shots will be short distance, but I'm wanting really good bullet performance. Does anyone have any experience with any of the heavies in that class that will fly properly out of a 1:10 twist barrel?
I'm thinking one of those more blunt profiles would be perfectly suited for this but looking for someone with experience with them. Thanks
I shot one 2 seasons ago with the 155g hammer hunter but don't see that one listed now. Anyway it flattened him 350 pounds and just fell over done, shot through the shoulder and exited.. Shot one last year 338 federal with a hammer 255# made it 15 yards through her fore arm and exited. This year ill just use the 308. pick one that will be stable in your twist or less and they will work well.

Gday sorry it took a bit to reply
So, enlighten us all. What copper does Steve use? Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get information.
That's a funny way to try & get information
Wouldn't you go straight to the horses mouth 🤷‍♂️
but I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you don't know me but here's a snippet

I don't kiss & tell

I find it hard to follow fordy's thoughts but he makes some comments about copper which insinuates he knows something about copper alloys. I have seen pics of Hammers that look very similar to our bullets after high speed impacts. Hornady is not shy about disclosing the copper they use, Barnes obviously, because of the swaging process, has to use a soft copper that work hardens but retains ductility sufficient to petal. That means that it has to be gilding copper or half hard C110. Hornady uses the former. Finding out what copper other manufacturers use is easy. Just send a sample to a testing lab and get a result in 2 weeks. Makes no difference to us because we are very happy with the way the copper we use behaves in our hunting bullets. Not like we are so jealous of other bullets we feel the need to copy them. If it's a trade secret for them, we respect that.
the first line is 100% on the money & I know I'm hard to follow as really I'm actually dumb @ the English language & how it should be worded but I try

Yep I do no a bit about alloys so let's delve a little deeper if you will 🤷‍♂️or wish

Pictures of high speed impacts of yours & hammers that look very similar
That's also interesting & I pose this question
have you delved into the world of true solids 🤷‍♂️
I've used a few that also look similar & here's a hint ever so slight / subtle changes have a very big difference on
Penertration , wound channel & straight line ability but then different alloys also come in here now the same alloy & those subtle /slight differences still make a difference & im sure you are aware eg revert back to your style you have a gen 2 now plus all the prototypes that never made market so i pose another question is there a reason what you have on shelves today compared with the first batch you ever made 🤷‍♂️

"Finding out what copper manufacturers use is easy "
Let's save you that hassle as feenix got someone who was very reputable to run tests on a heap of pills & that information is on here somewhere but I've got no need to look that thread up but I'm sure someone will help out

Your happy with your copper & the way it behaves
just clearing my head before I answer that
Cheers

Makes no difference to us because we are very happy with the way the copper we use behaves in our hunting bullets. Not like we are so jealous of other bullets we feel the need to copy them. If it's a trade secret for them, we respect that.
I am puzzled why you seek enlightenment of copper composition after reading this...

Good read. I started using the Barnes "X" 6.5 120 gr mono in 1994. For sure took my share of elk with C&C bullets before that. Have taken elk virtually every year since then with a copper mono. A few seasons , two elk , when legal. Mostly the Barnes 120gr ,6.5. I do love the 6.5. Never had a failure. I have used the Hammer 121 gr 6.5 with equal success. Same results with the Badlands. I can not tell the difference in results between these three brands of mono's, with elk. They all have worked flawlessly. When I have talked with the folks at Barnes, Badlands, & Hammer, they have all been exceptional , & have bent over backwards with help. I'm just an old guy ( 78 ) that's been hunting most all my life. I do my best to tell it as I have lived it.
I think these forums are great that we can all converse, & share experiences. A pleasure talking with you fordy. . So far apart , but yet very close. This old guy is now going to bed. I need my beauty sleep. Got a bunch of snow here today, & I've got to plow snow in the morning.
Gday sir
Thanks for the reply sorry for delay & hope the snow is kind to you & the beauty sleep works for you as I'm in need of a lot to fix my issues 😜 but that's the way it is 😎

I never dismiss anyone's results & love to hear of the great success stories
I will pick anyone's brains as they can me I'm just a little guarded on what I will let out & I do apologise for that but I try to help where I can
I've not shot a 6.5 for many years into critters & have a project nearly completed & with that I will be searching asking & doing a little bit of testing but overall this 6.5 stuff does interest me so to you & others please keep the information coming as it is valuable to everyone myself included & Im going to need help so I am sure we will cross paths again

Cheers

I am puzzled why you seek enlightenment of copper composition after reading this...
Hammers are intended to behave differently on impact than ours. Has to be a different alloy that is more brittle. That is also true of Cutting Edge. Not really that important to us because we need bullet material with greater ductility to maximize petal deployment at low impact velocities. Allows our bullets to use the 250,000-300,000 rpm angular energy of the bullet to enhance the wound track and penetration at low impact velocity. That coupled with the very high BC for their weight gives our bullets effectiveness at ranges that exceed those of other bullets. That rapid angular rotation is not contributing much to the wound channel if the bullet has lost its petals.