H4350 Temp. Data

MHO

Well I appreciate everyone's help and input. From a previous post I have some late fall hunts this year were we will be experiencing some very cold temps. Thought I would try the H4350 "extreme powder" from Hodgdon. They are full of it. Very frustrating. We put some rounds in double freezer bags for 6 hours set at 32. Everything was set up and the rounds were fired through the chrono within one minute of leaving the freezer. Had an average of 226 fps loss. How they claim what they do, well I hope this also helps anyone with these concerns over H4350.

Wow that's a lot and at only 32 degrees. In hunting season here it can swing from 15 early to 50 midday. I just picked up some H4831 to test and to have a powder more temp stable.

When I find a decent load will test as you did. It's in the 80's here now. Thanks for posting that and bringing it to our attention.

kcebcj,
Yes thats what I thought. At only 32, thats huge. Here(CO) it can be about the same. Teens to mid 50 that time of year. Ill be interested to see what your powder results show. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.