H&M Metal Processing for Nitriding?

engineer40

Thinking about H&M Metal Processing for Nitriding. Has anyone used them and were you happy?

Any other suggestions on known good companies to work with? I only have 2 barrels to do.

Thanks all!

Rock Creek barrels works with Parker Tru Tec. Joel Hendricks works for Parker you can read about him and their work on Accurate shooter. I have had them do two barrels and that is who I would chose again.

Last edited:
H&M did my 7 STW and 6.5 Sherman. No problems, nitrided accuracy on barrels remained the same as initial break-in targets.

Rock Creek barrels works with Parker Tru Tec. Joel Hendricks works for Parker you can read about him and their work on Accurate shooter. I have had them do two barrels and that is who I would chose again.

I have both companies listed on my website and have for years. I personally use Parker Trutec and find their work to be excellent. I have never used H&M but have spoken with them at SHOT and they seem to know their stuff.

Parker has multiple plants. I use the Paragould, AR (Arkansas) one - see a full list at Home | Parker TruTech

The problem with Tru Tech is, you have to send your barrels to someone else that's "approved" by Tru Tech, to get your barrels to Tru to have them treated. Last I knew, an individual could deal direct with H&M. In my book, that is a BIG plus! You might contact 'Controlled Thermal Technologies' (CTT) in Phoenix as they are a metals treater who will nitride barrels, too. You don't have to go through someone else to send your barrels to them, either. They do not have a FFL, so they can not take actions. H&M does have a FFL, so they can (do actions). In the past, before they got particular with who their customer were, I used Tru Tech and got good results. But, I have got the same "good results" from H&M and CTT. Post Script; none of the companies mentioned have firearms components as their main source of business, Treating barrels is just a 'sideline'. H&M does do a lot of work for several firearms companies. But, nitride treating is used on many different items in many different applications.

The problem with Tru Tech is, you have to send your barrels to someone else that's "approved" by Tru Tech, to get your barrels to Tru to have them treated. Last I knew, an individual could deal direct with H&M. In my book, that is a BIG plus! You might contact 'Controlled Thermal Technologies' (CTT) in Phoenix as they are a metals treater who will nitride barrels, too. You don't have to go through someone else to send your barrels to them, either. They do not have a FFL, so they can not take actions. H&M does have a FFL, so they can (do actions). In the past, before they got particular with who their customer were, I used Tru Tech and got good results. But, I have got the same "good results" from H&M and CTT. Post Script; none of the companies mentioned have firearms components as their main source of business, Treating barrels is just a 'sideline'. H&M does do a lot of work for several firearms companies. But, nitride treating is used on many different items in many different applications.

What in the world are you talking about??? I have shipped multiple barrels to Parker Trutec - DIRECT from me to them. An FFL is not involved in shipping a barrel. And Parker Trutec has an FFL for those that want to send actions.

What in the world are you talking about??? I have shipped multiple barrels to Parker Trutec - DIRECT from me to them. An FFL is not involved in shipping a barrel. And Parker Trutec has an FFL for those that want to send actions.

I called Tru Tech a couple of years ago, shortly after 'Rodney" had to quit his little deal. I had 6 barrels, ready to ship for nitriding. I was given a 'list' of about 4 different companies that I should contact that were 'authorized' to ship barrels for nitriding to Tru Tech. I called two of them ,,,, one wanted $200 per barrel the other wanted $225 per barrel. I promptly declined as I knew I could ship tp H&M and get all six barrels done for about $225-$250. I am a FFL and hold a resale tax permit, in short, I am a business. I informed Tru Tech of that when I spoke with them on the phone, but it didn't seem to matter to them. I've crossed them off of my list of vendors. And,,, I didn't say anything about FFLs and barrels, ONLY ACTIONS, as many seem to want them nitride treated, too.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.