H-1000 & Retumbo -REPLACEMENTS

If you are looking at direct comparison to those listed, then IMR 7977 is same as H1000 and IMR 8133 is the same as Retumbo, both IMR powders are Temp insensitive just as the Hodgdon powders.

A direct replacement for matching both volume and velocity for Retumbo is RE25.
N570 is also a good replacement.
As to H1000, the only powder I know of that closely matches it is IMR7828.
Others are close, like N565, but volume is different as is the velocity.
Know nothing of the new Enduron powders as they are not imported here.

Cheers.

When you get over 100 grs, N570 really shines
Due to unavailability, I run H50BMG (AR2218) here in Australia.
Vhit powders were available here about 10 years ago and everytime I would try some, there was no more to buy!
Gave up on that persuit.
Wish I could get more RE33, US869 and RE50, but there ain't none to have.

Cheers.

I've found RL26 great for a replacement for H1000. I've found H1000 and Retumbo locally twice and RL26 before that. At $60 a pound it kind of hurts. I tried IMR8133 in place of Retumbo, but it was a bust. Looking like powders are becoming more available, but at what price?

IMR7828ssc is very similar to H1000, a little faster burning, but usually a little better velocities than H1000. Trade-off is no temp stability if you live somewhere that gets really hot. N565 is also very close to H1000 in my testing, with a little better velocities. N570 is pretty close to Retumbo, needs a little more weight but is also denser, so similar case fill. Trade off with those two is they are just as hard to find, and cost more. As mentioned, there are a couple newish IMR powders that are very close, but I don't have any experience with the enduron powders, so I can't say much on them.

Long in waiting for powder, but got 8lbs of H4831SC today, and they are out now. It was or is fair prices, about $280.00 if I remember correctly.

Since H-1000 and Retumbo are almost unobtainable and we are hoping that they will come back into the market soon. These two poders are prefered and used in Shooting 338 LMAI with good results. Our 338LMAI was scheduled for 2023, but we may build earlier. With all that has happened in the past year (s) going back several administrators and the shortage of powder, we are just trying to get powder for future builds. We are optimistic that things will get better as time goes on, but if it stays the same or start going south, what ARE the MOST COMPAIRABLE POWDERS to H-1000 & RETUMBRO? I have all the burn rate charts for comparison, but we wanted first hand knowledge of other named/numbered powders that resembles H-1000 & Retumbo as close as possible. That way we can purchase other powders when available.
Thanks much for all input from everyone, but we really need reloaders/shooters that have the first hand knowledge with comparisons. This will help Jill and I out as well as the members on LRH.
Len & Jill
There the best nothing compared to the for temp and consistency