Gunwerks 7 LRM???

You can do that or just use a 30 Nosler or 33 Nosler die. I didn't have a 28 to begin with so why buy a die to just machine some off the bottom. I'm using a Redding Type S die and 30 or 33 does the same thing with the proper neck bushing.

Better factory brass for the 7LRM makes it more attractive. The dies aren't great which might still push me to getting a reamer for my off the shelf wildcat.
Whidden made my 7 lrm dies. They're great.

A 7LRM built by Lane Precision Rifles was the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It would literally shoot one hole groups at 100 yards and these were not ragged holes either. As others have said, brass is the biggest down fall for this caliber. I believe if there was better brass than there would be more love for this caliber.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 377
A 7LRM built by Lane Precision Rifles was the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It would literally shoot one hole groups at 100 yards and these were not ragged holes either. As others have said, brass is the biggest down fall for this caliber. I believe if there was better brass than there would be more love for this caliber.
Nice grouping

Talked with one the gunwerks reps at SHOT today, he said that by June 7LRM brass from ADG should be available. ADG makes good brass. This might be the saving grace for my chamber, was planning going to 28 nosler, but this is much better for throat life.

ADG Response on LRM brass:

"While we are working on some new calibers for 2018, we do not have any definitive plans to to produce 7 LRM at this time."

http://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/...-Sponsors-on-LRO&p=34035&viewfull=1#post34035

@jett I believe you're correct when it comes to adg headstamped brass. This brass will be gunwerks headstamped. They also said they will be stocking 7& 300 ultra, 6.5x284, 300 win. All adg made, but with gunwerks headstamp.

@jett I believe you're correct when it comes to adg headstamped brass. This brass will be gunwerks headstamped. They also said they will be stocking 7& 300 ultra, 6.5x284, 300 win. All adg made, but with gunwerks headstamp.

I was going to point that out. In the contract production world even if you make the product you it's not your's it's the customers, they just use your capacity to produce. The exception for me is that unless there's a alternate proprietorship my company ends up on the beer label for contract brewed beer, it's a old timey alcohol enforcement requirement.

I look forward to the change in brass because if a 7LRM is as efficient as it seems I will abandon my Nosler case project.

On a side note. Anyone shooting Berger 195s or Sierra 197s?

My rifle is throated from the 195s, 1:8 twist. But I have not tried them yet. I'm curious if anyone has tried rl26 in their 7lrm. It produces similar psi to h1000 but usually 50-75fps faster. Imr 7977 is a viable option as well.

My rifle is throated from the 195s, 1:8 twist. But I have not tried them yet. I'm curious if anyone has tried rl26 in their 7lrm. It produces similar psi to h1000 but usually 50-75fps faster. Imr 7977 is a viable option as well.
I've tried everything known to mankind in my 7lrm. The only thing it will shoot is Bergers(180 Hybrid or 175 Elite hunter) and H1000. Not even the 175 ELD-X that it was supposed to shoot well when Gunwerks sent the gun to me. Tried 23, 26, 7977, retumbo, 33. None of it works. Probably why the couldn't supply me with the 3 boxes of factory ammo I ordered when I ordered the gun. Would have been hard to disprove how bad it shot if they sent me their ammo. Spent 10K on a gun and they told me they weren't loading 175 eldx ammo yet for 7lrm. Seems to me someone should have called me and told me they couldn't get the eldx's to shoot in it. Instead they blamed my reloading. Garrett Wall told me to try 180 hybrid. Wow, all the sudden my reloading got really good. Not the experience I was wanting when I decided to order a Gunwerks Gun. Huge disappointment!!

Talked with one the gunwerks reps at SHOT today, he said that by June 7LRM brass from ADG should be available. ADG makes good brass. This might be the saving grace for my chamber, was planning going to 28 nosler, but this is much better for throat life.
Anyone have any updates on the 7LRM brass?

I've tried everything known to mankind in my 7lrm. The only thing it will shoot is Bergers(180 Hybrid or 175 Elite hunter) and H1000. Not even the 175 ELD-X that it was supposed to shoot well when Gunwerks sent the gun to me. Tried 23, 26, 7977, retumbo, 33. None of it works. Probably why the couldn't supply me with the 3 boxes of factory ammo I ordered when I ordered the gun. Would have been hard to disprove how bad it shot if they sent me their ammo. Spent 10K on a gun and they told me they weren't loading 175 eldx ammo yet for 7lrm. Seems to me someone should have called me and told me they couldn't get the eldx's to shoot in it. Instead they blamed my reloading. Garrett Wall told me to try 180 hybrid. Wow, all the sudden my reloading got really good. Not the experience I was wanting when I decided to order a Gunwerks Gun. Huge disappointment!!
Wow, all I've ever read were good things about them until I read this post. IMO, with the 300 PRC brass and reduced pressures necking the PRC down should easily replace the LRM. Or wouldn't it?

Recent Posts