Gunwerks 7 LRM???

What bullet are you using? Does the shank of the bullet go below the neck/shoulder junction? Can you give ma an OAL of your loaded round.
Thanks,
Alex

I'm using Berger 180VLD Hunting. I'll get the measurements and possibly some pics... if I remember how to post them. I'm pretty sure the bullet does seat past the neck/shoulder junction and easily fits in a std Rem magazine box.

What bullet are you using? Does the shank of the bullet go below the neck/shoulder junction? Can you give ma an OAL of your loaded round.
Thanks,
Alex

The OAL is 3.455 with the 180VLD hunting and the Hornady Comparator length is 2.738. The base of the bullet seats to the base of the shoulder.

From their website..."As a custom rifle maker we do not rent or sell reamers, however we will be happy to chamber your rifle for you."

Might want to call Gunwerks, as I said in a post on page 9, we bought a reamer for a 7LRM for $235 from Gunwerks. I did not do the transaction, my smith did. Might be a different story smith to smith rather than an individual trying to buy a reamer.

Do you guys know if the 7mmX375 Ruger is the same as the 7mm LRM??
PTG sells a finishing reamer for the 7mmX375 Ruger and I want a 7mm LRM

I own a 7mm x 375 Ruger and it is not the same as the 7 LRM. I got my reamer from PT&G. 7 LRM's shoulder is moved back for a longer neck. Not so with the 7mm X 375 Ruger.

Necking down and turning the necks of the 375 Ruger takes many steps. Think long and hard before you make your move to get a 7mm X 375 Ruger reamer.

If the 28 Nosler was in production I would have gone to it instead of the 7mm x 375 Ruger.

Aaron,

Just got a few hundred 175 Eld-X's for my 7 LRM you fellas built for me a few years ago. What are you recommending for seating depth, powder selection, charge weight etc.

These are some pretty sleek looking bullets, ALMOST too pretty looking to send through some Mule Deer shoulders this fall......Almost. ;)

Thanks,
Darin Acklin

Darin,

We haven't dialed in a new factory standard load, however, initial testing is showing great results with H1000, Fed 215s and seating the bullet 0.025" from touching the lands. Velocities up to 3050. Our factory load will probably end up just under 3000 fps. We should be dialed in within a few weeks. Check in with me by email.

Darin,

We haven't dialed in a new factory standard load, however, initial testing is showing great results with H1000, Fed 215s and seating the bullet 0.025" from touching the lands. Velocities up to 3050. Our factory load will probably end up just under 3000 fps. We should be dialed in within a few weeks. Check in with me by email.

Aaron what is your email. I too am interested in data for this load. Thanks -Dan

Darin,

Skip,

I am only interested in seating depth and ideal velocity. With various powder lots everyone will need to load to match velocity not powder weight in order to match your ballistic results correct? Thanks for the updates.