Guidance/Suggestions on two WSM A-BOLTS

I'll take your boss'd barrel if you ever decide to rebarrel, been trying to get my hands on one of those boss'd Brownings for a while.
I'd be willing to get rid of it, but I want to get a regular stainless stalker. If that's what the OP has we could do a 3-way trade. Lol

I really wanted the BOSS but then I started using it and reloading for it and it got harder to figure out. I honestly think I have it figured out now, so it's not terrible, I'd really rather put a better brake on it though.

Deal! Lmk when it will go down I will definitely take it. I too have an A bolt 7 wsm, but I have it threaded with a muzzle brake on. Been wanting to get hands on with a Boss'd barrel see how well I could get them to shoot.

I'd be willing to get rid of it, but I want to get a regular stainless stalker. If that's what the OP has we could do a 3-way trade. Lol

I really wanted the BOSS but then I started using it and reloading for it and it got harder to figure out. I honestly think I have it figured out now, so it's not terrible, I'd really rather put a better brake on it though.
My 300 win stainless stalker has a radial brake that's flush with the barrel, and it looks much cleaner than the BOSS and works like a charm. Feels like a 243 while shooting 180's.

My 300 win stainless stalker has a radial brake that's flush with the barrel, and it looks much cleaner than the BOSS and works like a charm. Feels like a 243 while shooting 180's.
Yeah I'm sure. I'm not a fan of the tuner style that they used. It never seems to really lock down and for whatever reason I'd just like to have a stationary brake. Thankfully with the development and more mainstream of some of the tuner brakes on the market now it's finally started to make sense to me. I think that's why it sat in the safe for so long. There just wasn't enough information out there about hand loading with a tuner. I tried all sorts of stuff. Then I bought a new stock, bedded it, broke the trigger, replaced it, and put it back in the safe frustrated. I'd much rather have a regular brake. I've also sworn off radial brakes of any sort after working on a buddy's Christensen, it's all side port for me since they don't make my face hurt as face.

Yeah I'm sure. I'm not a fan of the tuner style that they used. It never seems to really lock down and for whatever reason I'd just like to have a stationary brake. Thankfully with the development and more mainstream of some of the tuner brakes on the market now it's finally started to make sense to me. I think that's why it sat in the safe for so long. There just wasn't enough information out there about hand loading with a tuner. I tried all sorts of stuff. Then I bought a new stock, bedded it, broke the trigger, replaced it, and put it back in the safe frustrated. I'd much rather have a regular brake. I've also sworn off radial brakes of any sort after working on a buddy's Christensen, it's all side port for me since they don't make my face hurt as face.
Design of the radial brake changes things quite a bit. I have had a handful of different styles, and just like a side brake they all have different characteristics. I have yet to be impressed by Christensen anything, after fighting my own for quite a while. It would be worth looking at some different options there unless you've found a side brake you like. I always found side brakes to give a bit more recoil reduction, but also quite a bit more muzzle blast than a good radial.

My two are not stainless stalkers.