Guess I should

twh731

I have been occasionally lurking hereabouts on LRH for awhile now, so I guess I should step up and introduce myself. I am an Appleseed Instructor in Northern NM and have run the gamut of shooting interests since the early 1970's. My current interest is in (you guessed it) long range pursuits. I am waiting (since January) for a 260 Rem AI barrel from 4D. I have had the Savage action timed/trued by SavageShooter. I purchased a "Ultimate Sniper" stock for the rig. Since my action is left hand my choices in stocks are limited. This one was on sale for $130 from Midway. The stock seems like it should be serviceable, although quite heavy. I will probably evaluate the possibility of removing some material in areas of the stock that are less critical. Haven't decided yet. The scope I have for it used to reside on my .308 Savage and provided years of good service. It is a 10x40 mildot "Tasco Super Sniper". One of the originals which is now sold by SWFA. I don't claim to be a sniper in any sense so don't know why that theme seems to play itself out in my purchases!
I also like to bicycle (mountain or road). It's a great way to stay fit and flexible for my shooting interests. With all the various forest roads and trails here in the mountains it never gets boring. Well now you know a little about me so I won't feel so badly about lurking the forum. I am going to post a question in the appropriate forum about the 260 Rem AI load data. Thanks all for such a robust group of knowledgeable people. Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.