Hey folks I guess I'm the NFG.

deanounited

I have a keen interest in this long range hunting. I'm from Vancouver island which is a little harder to reach out and touch do to terrain. I'm running a .308 Rem 700 vtr & .300 win mag 110 BA. I'll be going up north in B.C this year and have just purchased a Vortex 6x24x50 HST with moa and 2nd focal plane. I'm having a little difficulty understanding this new scope.

1. When shooting, will my zero change depending on my magnification? I know it does with range finding but does it when shooting.

2. With the second focal plane, can I only use magnification 18 for Kentucky windage?

My last scopes cross hairs lost or would hold a zero so it seems like I'm learning this all over again.

Much appreciate your time.

Welcome to the forum!

Your zero should not change with magnification

If using "Kentucky windage" you can use any power :). On that particular scope if you are using the windage hash marks and want them to be accurate you must be on 18 power.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.