should i get a 7mm rem mag?

aussie hunter 01

hi guys new to the forum and im about to buy a new rifle and its a toss up between 30-06 and 7mm rem mag and im from australia so the bullet varations in the 30-06 isnt as good as you guys in the U.S :( but im going to the U.S in a week and im going to Oak ridge to have a shot any suggestions on the 7mm rem mag im looking at getting a weatherby vanguard s2gun)

hi guys new to the forum and im about to buy a new rifle and its a toss up between 30-06 and 7mm rem mag and im from australia so the bullet varations in the 30-06 isnt as good as you guys in the U.S :( but im going to the U.S in a week and im going to Oak ridge to have a shot any suggestions on the 7mm rem mag im looking at getting a weatherby vanguard s2gun)

Both excellent choices, with a ton of published info. What are you going to do with it? Do you reload? Traditionally, the 30 06' is less money to operate in terms of loaded ammo and reloading components. What range's are you contemplating? I am a fan of the 06', it is a proven performer and an inherently accurate cartridge. I have bot the 7 and the 06'. I shoot the 06' twice as much.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.