Good scope for light weight hunting rifle (under $1000)

Look at Gun Broker for Leupold VX-5HD 3-15X44MM for around your price range
I just picked up this one for 5.5 lb Weatherby Backcountry Left hand. Illuminated. $850 for demo from EuroOptic. Received brand new never opened scope. Paired with Talley lightweight rings.

Like others I like the Leupold. My last 2 scopes were VX5 3-15x44 and VX6 2-12x44. Both are under 20 ounces and have good glass to my eyes. Leupold now has promotions $200 and $400 off on all of their VX5 and VX6 scopes from select dealers.
Leupold.com/promotions

Leupold VX3HD 3.5-10 or 4.5-14 with BC reticle. Super easy to measure the distance on the holds and build a chart. Also allows you to dial. Each their own I do not hunt things I will eat with 1st. My scopes are always on the lowest power and if I need to make a shot I dont have to find the reticle.

Think I'm up to 3 of the 3-15 leupolds, but I'm not positive they would be my first choice for dialing or mil reticles. Although my bias is definitely skewed for ffp for reticles that aren't duplex. Dialing and light weight are a tough combo as turrets that feel good and have a high degree of reliability seem to require some weight. Scopes that pass a lot of the high use tracking tests usually hit nearer 30oz than 20oz.

It will be intriguing in a months time to see if someone tries to put a better dial on a mid power lighter weight scope. Shot is around the corner, but even if something drops its mid year at best for shipping.

VX3HD 3.5-10x50, 30 mm tube with Firedot Twilight Hunter reticle. From Leupold. Comes with free dial up turret for whatever ballistics profile you want. Have one on my CZ Grendel for thick woods, early morning/late evening hunting. Most any scope works in bright light. You have to look through this with five minutes of shooting time left to see its worth.
My only concern with the VX3HD is I don't think they have parallax adjustment. Do they?