Good range finder for under $400

romad97

Is there such a thing as a good reliable range finder that is accurate out to about 1000 yards or less for under the $400 range or am I just wishful thinking? I have never owned a range finder so I don't know. I see a lot of manufacturers claim that their finders are good to 1000 yards but are these claims true or just marketing hype? In all honesty the longet shots I will probably ever take are 400-500 yards but, it would be nice to use for target shooting longer distances.

400 is a bit light for 1000 yard capability. If you keep checking the listings on this site you may get a fair deal for a used Leica that will reach 1k very well, but probably not for less than 5 to 600. Keep in mind that many rangefinders are advertised as "1000 yard" units, but that is with reflective objects in favorable light conditions. When aimed at animals that range quickly gets cut in half. My Leica CRF 1600 would range buildings at almost 2000 yards, but the farthest I could get a reflection on livestock was 997 lasing a horse in a pasture. Elk are just a little smaller, but deer are way harder to get good hits on that far out.

I have a Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC that I would sell for $350+shipping if you are interested in it. It is practically brand new. It has only been to the range once to range my sight in target, and a few days late my wife bought me a Leica which is all I use now.

Here is a link to a quick review by a fellow LRH member:
http://www.longrangehunting.com/for...ew-bushnell-elite-arc-1600-rangefinder-92357/

I have had this RF for around 2years and it just doesn't get used. Could possibly be what your looking for

It is 93 degrees and sunny right now in western OK and I just ranged a tree row at 953yds (furthest I can range from my front door) across the street from my house.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 23
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts