Good fortune has fallen on hunlee

hunlee

Been looking for a long range barrle for some time and my friend been looking too.Today friend call hunlee on phone with good report.Friend say he locate very nice used tc rifle barrel in 7-30 water,He say bore is clean and smooth and the blue look like just come from tc factory.Best thing of all hunlee can get barrel for $140.00 out the door.Should have barrel in hand by nite fall,as friend pick up barrel after hunlee gave the OK.Bad thing barrel measure 22 inch.Best for hunlee now to find machine shop to chop barrel to 16 or 17.Should make great barrel for long ranger Contender for hunlee,now time for new Burris 3-12x power scope

hunlee

Hunlee

The 7/30 Waters is a great round for deer size game.

The 120gr flat nose factory ammo is very good out to
250 or 300yrds and the Nosler blistic tip on out to 500
or 600yrds.

This is a fun gun.
J E CUSTOM

One thing hunlee forget about is haveing rifle barrel the front wood i has will not work.Front wood i has is for super 14 barrel and rifle barrle has different hole space.Hunlee better start looking around.Here is another good thing about my new barrel,she came with loading die set for 7-30 water

hunlee

Look under the SP section and you sholuld be able to find out where people had furniture made for the T/C's.

hunlee,

Congratulations on your 7x30 Waters project.
T/C Contenders are a lot of fun, pretty accurate too.
I have the 7x30 Waters Super 14 barrel and a SSK 6.5 JDJ barrel for mine.
I added Ol Georgia Jim wood which I finished. They also have a hanger system for the forend that I'm sure will help you out.
Pictured below is my T/C Contender with the 6.5 JDJ barrel.
JD6-2.jpg

Here is the link to Ol' Georgia Jim-
INDEX

Hanger Bar-
FOREND STYLES

JD338

Very nice looking contender,hunlee like it very much.Allso want to thankyou for putting link to Georga Jim wood site very nice looking grip and for wood

hunlee

Really appreciate offer from redbone but intention of a long ranger for hunlee with rifle barrel cut to 17 inch or 18 inch.XP tell hunlee that long barrel is better for long range shooting over shorter.XP tell that one can expect 45fps per inch of barrel length so hunlee deside just to go through with original plan.Love the 14 incher barrel though as hunlee own 14inch 223 and 14 inch 375 Windchester.If hunlee deside to cahnge mind at last minute redbone will be first to know so trade can take place.thank again

hunlee

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.