Who has a .480 Ruger

I have a 7.5" Super Redhawk and I love it. I'd have to double check the loads but I run H110 under a 400gr Speer FP and Ramshot Enforcer with the 275gr Barnes XPB.

I run iron sights on mine and I have it zeroed at 75 yards. Both loads are capable of making easy hits on my 10" gong at 75 yards off of shooting sticks with 100% hits. It's more accurate than any other production revolver I've played with.

When I got the 480 I had planned on sending it off to get converted to 457 Linebaugh. I'm glad I didn't now. The 475 is awesome, but I don't think it would do anything that the 480 can't at reasonable handgun ranges. In fact muy 480 is coming with me on a January cow elk hunt in Utah. The goal is to use either the iron sighted 480 or my 338/375 Ruger Striker.

I had a 480 but due to my right wrist being broken in 5 places I had to sell it to my son-in-law. Could'nt take the recoil. He has killed an antelope at 180 yards & 3 weeks ago he killed an elk at 90 yards. I load his bullets. 400 grain XTP's with H110.
Thanks, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.